If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
paul1701d
My Device: playbook 16gb
My Carrier: virgin

Blackberry Playbook not charging with or without the charger.

[ Edited ]

I have a blackberry playbook. It will not charge or turn on.  I have tried the power button for 20 seconds and the volume buttons and the power button again for 20 seconds. I have read countless descriptions of what to do but all to no avail. I have installed the desktop software but the battery is that flat that the usb will not detect the playbook. I have also tried the plug in and out repeatedly for 20 to 40 times but no good.  I have tried a couple of chargers and several usb cables butagain to no avail. just in case you ask, The red light comes on, then off after about 12 seconds, then the battery sign with the lightning flash, then off and the green light for about 10 seconds. This then repeates. This is my last option for help before the playbook gets binned. Please help.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Blackberry Playbook not charging with or without the charger.

If it's old, and if you have tried several proper Playbook charger with no success, and you have no access to a rapid dock with magnetic conector, you may be better to bin it. Repair equals price of a new one.

Before you do, pry the back off, remove the battery connector (two mini phillips screws) screw it back and try again. 

My Device: playbook 16gb
My Carrier: virgin

Re: Blackberry Playbook not charging with or without the charger.

Thanks for the reply. I have ordered a rapid charger and if that doesn't work i will try the back off method. If all that fails then its bin fodder. Thanks anyway mate.

Please use plain text.