Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: 16 gb
My Carrier: dont have one

Blackberry Playbook won't charge

everytime i put my blackberry charger in, it either says unable to charge with selected source or doesn't anything and doesn't charge. i have to keep the charger in a certain place for it to charge. yesterday i had 11% left so i turned it off and decided to plug in the charger with it off. the green light was on. an hour later i came back to it turned it on and it was 0%. i turned it off again and charged it like that overnight hoping for it to go up but when i started it this morning it was still at 0%.

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Re: Blackberry Playbook won't charge

Sounds like the connector is broken in the power supply.

I'd suggest grabbing a replacement charger and trying that out. I know that I've gone through a couple of them myself in the past year.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

i figured it would be broken so i tried others but it's the same thing

could it be that the input socket on the playbook is broken?

Developer

Maybe,

My only thoughts now would be to try a rapid charger. That uses the magnetic connector.

It's a workaround, and if it needs replacing / repairing - at least you can get at your data first!

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

would the rapid charger still work if the playbook is dead?

Highlighted
Developer

Well, if it's dead then no Smiley Happy

However, I think that we're all assuming that it's the USB connector at the moment, so the rapid charger *should* be able to charge the PlayBook again.