Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
JackEllingham
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Blackberry Playbook won't turn on.

Hi my Nan has purchased a Playbook in the UK about a year ago and recently moved to Cyprus. Whilst on holiday here I have been trying to fix her Playbook. My issue is it won't turn on. I plug it in with the provided wall charger and a red LED lights up, then a red battery icon with a lightning bolt in the middle of the screen followed by a greenish LED which fades in then repeats the same steps. My Nan has told me she hasn't used it in a long time because it won't power on, I have left it on charge for a while now. I have tried resetting it by pressing and holding the power on and volume keys as recommended by people. She also claims it did not come with a USB cable to plug into the PC, I don't believe it didn't come with one. She does have a USB cable with multiple ends (Nokia, iPhone ect) and a blackberry one witch does fit where the charger cable goes. Any suggestions on how t fix it? Thanks. -Jack
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JackEllingham
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Blackberry Playbook won't turn on.

Any help please? I have looked everywhere.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
swotam
My Device: Z10

Re: Blackberry Playbook won't turn on.

If it won't charge and won't turn on even after you reset it then it's probably dead. You'd need to take it in for service, perhaps the battery needs to be replaced.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Please use plain text.