Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
KimHtpsi
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Blackberry Bold 9780
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Playbook

I want to buy a Blackberry Playbook, I'm not sure which version should I buy :/
I'm really confused between 4G LTE and Wi-Fi
Any suggestions?
Please use plain text.
Developer
Wiki_Berry
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: Blackberry Playbook

4G LTE, you can insert A SIM card into it so it doesnt need Wi-Fi to connect, whilst it may have better specifications updates to the PlayBooks need to go through carrier approval and testing so updates will be received up to 3 weeks earlier.
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

The 4G will be expensive to operate, however that particular version can also be switched from 4G to Wifi at will depending on your location. So if you are out of touch with WiFi, just change to 4G, if wifi is available use it.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Being in England where 4G is only available in two city centres at present, I use a Huawei "MiFi" pocket router for HSPA+ contract which is still up to 21mbps and typically 8mbps. I then can use that with up to five tablets or laptops in most places in the country including my home, so I have no need for landline broadband. My HSPA+ MiFi is faster than the old landline (BT) broadband especially uploading.

That means the Playbook is £150 (wifi only) rather than £400 (3G+ or 4G when it arrives) to buy.