Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: blackberry playbook- RDJ21WW
My Carrier: VODAFONE

Blackberry Playbook

I bought a blackberry playbook, but for this year alone, I had already returned it twice and get another new (blackberry playbook) after few months of using it, it suddenly gone blackout and it wouldnt switch on again. Whats the problem with this gadget..Im feed up of changing..again and again!

Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

Re: Blackberry Playbook

[ Edited ]

Black65 wrote:

I bought a blackberry playbook, but for this year alone, I had already returned it twice and get another new (blackberry playbook) after few months of using it, it suddenly gone blackout and it wouldnt switch on again. Whats the problem with this gadget..Im feed up of changing..again and again!

We have two Playbooks in the family. They do have some quirks, but never anything you are writing about. Let me ask you a realy dumb question ; are you sure you don't run the battery to the ground? Once that happens it takes a long time - overight? -  to reacharge it with the standard USB charger provided with the unit. (The built in shot down should protwct the battey from complete destruction, like over discharge. )

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

[ Edited ]

godot2011 wrote:

Black65 wrote:

We have two Playbooks in the family. They do have some quirks, but never anything you are writing about. Let me ask you a realy dumb question ; are you sure you don't run the battery to the ground? Once that happens it takes a long time - overight? -  to reacharge it with the standard USB charger provided with the unit. (The built in shot down should protwct the battey from complete destruction, like over discharge. )

Godot, that's not a dumb question you're asking. That's exactly what this user is doing (though I am replying to you here Godot, I am actually replying to the user themselves or any other user that reads this - I know, you know what you're doing in this regard :smileywink: )

The tablet can not be reliably used less that about 20% battery charge (it can, but it's not advisable to let it go below 10%). The PlayBook requires a certain voltage to be left in the battery to be able to receive a charge...it is kind of a stupid design, or at least the way that it's implemented is dumb because the user doesn't get adequate warning that letting the tablet discharge to the point of complete failure will brick his/her device. The only way to revive this tablet is to look into stack charging. YouTube has videos on it and I believe there are sticky threads in this forum on how to revive a dead PlayBook. Really, it comes down to user education...if you're not going to use your PlayBook for a long time and if you keep your wi-fi radio on ALL THE TIME, then your tablet will end up bricked in about a week's time. I guarantee this. Even with all the radios/features turned off (the screen off for example) but the PlayBook is still technically ON (hibernating) its battery is STILL slowly discharging. The only way to keep your PlayBook alive 100% of the time over a long period of time (without recharging) is to completely shut it down - as in OFF.

Always keep at least 20% charge in your battery...and at LEAST shut off your wi-fi radio when it's not required. The same applies to Bluetooth. You don't want to keep doing stack charging...it's a long and frustrating process. If I were this person, I'd shut down the tablet completely at night and turn it on in the morning before brewing a coffee or going to the washroom or something. By the time they get back then it will be booted up. It takes about 3 minutes to boot. YES it seems like an eternity and could be improved, but that's not happening these days it seems with BlackBerry releasing any fixes until and if/when BB 10 comes to the PlayBook. So the only workable solution is to adjust the user's habits accordingly. Then there will be no problems...

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Orange

Finally today i received the blackberry playbook oredered 4 days back...so happy to see this

http://www.pricecheckindia.com/tablets/price-blackberry-playbook-review