Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Deleen
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: MTN

Blackberry app world

Hi, the app world is on my phone and playbook is not the same.  All the downloads I have on my phone is not showing on my playbook, but everything else is perfect?  I also cannot access app world on my playbook without wi-fi?  Tethering is also not working. Help! 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
saugen48
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: none at present

Re: Blackberry app world

You need wifi (Internet connection) to reach App World.

Gene
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Deleen
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: MTN

Always? And why is my apps on my phone and playbook not the same?  Should it not be the same?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
saugen48
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: none at present

Always, because the info within App World is on line, not on your playbook...phone and PB are two separate devices, same as two computers in your house..what you download on one doesn't appear on the other

Gene
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

...plus the phone and the playbook run different operating systems so some apps that run on your curve will not even run on your playbook. And vice versa.

My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi only (well, I do have a cheap Nokia with 7/11 SpeakOut)

[ Edited ]

BB World will only display the apps that will work on the device in question when accessing BB world from a BB device.  The display is automatic when accessing the BB store for each device.

If, perchance, you access the store directly from a link from some business that has an app in the BB store for their particular service, the link will open up on all devices, but if that app will not work on the device in question, a message is displayed that says the app will on work on that particular device.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
Please use plain text.