Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
georgebika
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: no

Re: Blackberry desktop software cannot communicate with the connected device

That might be some SW problem with the DTS, maybe you can try to uninstall DTS, and then download the latest one and try again.

If your PC is running with Windows XP, once your PB connect to PC, device manager will appear on the button right of your task bar. If PB connect with PC normally, there will be a bubble prompt up says something about "your PB has been attached". After this, you can find PB icon with PlayBook PINXXXXX in My Computer. so this time, it works well with DTS, i think.\

Hope this can help you, if any other issue, please let me know.

I will try my best to help you with the issue you get.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nadeemsiddiqui
My Device: blackberry tablet os
My Carrier: ufone

how to connect pb with laptop no icon appears its written that necessary softwares is not installed what softwares i should install to connect it with pc

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
reconeyes
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

wireless.transfer its the wave of the future....
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
limhof
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: any

Hi.

You need Blackberry Device Manager and if you want to manage your date over PC you will need Blackberry Desktop.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
craigmh65
My Device: Playbook; Pearl 8120, Storm2 9520, Curve 9360, Bold 9900, Z10.
My Carrier: 02

at last !!!  a solution that works, many thanks.

Please use plain text.
giffneyr
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone ireland

hi , can anyone help me, i have a blackberry bold 9900. it just turned off and when i turn it back on the screen is white and says error 513 reload software visit www.blackberry.com/513 but when i do nothing seemed to work.I have the latest version of blackberry desktop software and it is bringing up the message that blackberry desktop software cannot communicate with my connected device.My phone is only a few months old. Hope someone can help, thanks !!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
clarkems
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

I recently upgraded my playbook OS and now it will not connect to the desktop software and everything is up to date.  I have been a long time B fan but this is enough..  I also upgraded and lost everything and had to rebuild.  This is obviously a sw glitch since I could upgrade through the same cable.

Bailing on BB I am afraid...  as will the entire global opulation in 2-3 years is this keeps up...  I have lost track of the hours spent futzing with this.  If any BB support people read this, you can tell exactly why you are afraid of getting laid off...

Please use plain text.