Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

dan1234567
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: no

Blackberry id

hi there i just bought a used blackberry playbook problem is someone elses id is registered and i cant log in to delete or security swipe im stuck does anyone know if i can reset to factory settings via pc ? thanx
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Blackberry id

If you are saying it is password protected, entering the wrong password ten times will initiate a wipe. It may ask you to enter extra stuff just to make sure you realize what is happening. you need to be near a wifi router or hotspot.

Alternately you can debrick using desktop software. Try method 1 first.

My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

You have to take it to the original owner who will enter his BBID and Password and then do a Security Wipe. After this is complete, he can hand it back to you to set it up again with your BBID and Password. If it is a stolen PlayBook, it will not work for you.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

[ Edited ]

Or put the wrong one  in ten times. Easier than going  to see the original owner. It only needs the playbook password not the BBID.

It will work unless the original owner reported it as stolen AND Blackberry update their database.  Unlikely as the only ones they normally register as stolen are ones stolen by the truckload in shipment. Blackberry Protect is not available for Playbooks.

My Device: playbook
My Carrier: telus

[ Edited ]

So, it has not yet been questioned that this might be a stolen Playbook, yet the adviser suggests how to make it operational.

Ridiculous.

I had a Playbook that was stolen. I supplied RIM, now Blackberry, my details, including the serial number, and they could do nothing about it.

Surely, when one uses Blackberry Desktop, etc., then the user's id and password, plus the registration number should enable Blackberry to realise what has happened. Given that the original owner should have to supply both that should give a degree of security thereby. Apparently it does not.

Edited content to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

[ Edited ]

EDIT: @Turdusturdus, The moderator has removed your comments about me - Thankyou Pati - so I will moderate my reply. This is a technical forum. The question of stolen or not is not for me to ask. The information I provided is well documented elsewhere.