Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Blackberry os 2.1 for playbook!

jarviser wrote:

Don't worry I just found an extension of Chrome browser that is as near a GUI as you can get

Install Chrome Browser  for Mac (OS X 10.5 or later, Intel only)

Install Extension "Playbook App Manager"

Download the converted Android app from Goodereader.com to Downloads folder

Hit the Install button and point to the downloaded app in Downloads.

Very easy. 

(Does it work in Chrome for Windoze? Maybe someone can try it)

OK couldn't wait... Yes it works in Windows 7 and it works in Ubuntu 10.4. (Chromium browser)  I just tested it, both times using wifi not cable. The playbook's Development Mode icon gives you the IP address to use. You need t ignore the big red warning that Chrome gives you.

Piece of cake.  It even has a terminate button for killing and removing running Android apps from the computer end.

My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry os 2.1 for playbook!

Actually, that looks like a different extension that the one I was thinking of. I was thinking of the extension that allows you to download .apk files that can be converted to .bar files for the Playbook.

I haven't tried this extension. There is a Good e-reader Playbook app that installs on your PB that will keep track of Good e-reader.bar file downloads and even tell you when there is an update.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!