Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
joekmps
My Device: curve 8900
My Carrier: Blackberyy

Blackberry play book tethering with blackberryQ10 problem

[ Edited ]

I got a blackberry curve 8900 phone and I have been trying to tether it with my blackberry playbook but it cant connect.
The Bluetooth for both connects fine and the two are able to get paired but when you get to the tethering process, after selecting the phone name on the playbook and entering the profile, it tries to connect and instead retains a message that "Phonename" can't be found.
The settings are okay but this is the problem. The OS version for the phone is 10.1.0.2342 and that of the playbook is 2.1.0.1526. I am wondering whether the OS is the issue and if not what might be the problem. Kindly help.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry play book tethering with blackberry curve 8900 problem

joekmps wrote:

I got a blackberry curve 8900 phone and I have been trying to tether it with my blackberry playbook but it cant connect.
The Bluetooth for both connects fine and the two are able to get paired but when you get to the tethering process, after selecting the phone name on the playbook and entering the profile, it tries to connect and instead retains a message that "Phonename" can't be found.
The settings are okay but this is the problem. The OS version for the phone is 10.1.0.2342 and that of the playbook is 2.1.0.1526. I am wondering whether the OS is the issue and if not what might be the problem. Kindly help.

8900 can not run OS 10, do you have a Z10, Q10 or a Q5?

in bluetooth settings you can give you phone a name, do you have a name or yours?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joekmps

Re: Blackberry play book tethering with blackberryQ10 problem

Very Sorry,
Its blackberry Q10 phone

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

did you set a name in Bluetooth settings?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joekmps

Yes the name appeared very well.

Please use plain text.