Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Xxx

Blackberry playbook, install error: 0003-0005

Hi,

I just bought a new blackberry playbook, i was so excited and it was all goog until I faced a problem. Because of which I am so frustated as I can not download any games or apps from apps world. It just shows me the following massage: Install error: [0003-0005].

Please help me as i am finding my playbook useless becasue of this problem. and if I can not solve this I might think of returning this device back.

I am lookiing forward to hearing from you.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

Re: Blackberry playbook, install error: 0003-0005

Should be no reason for not connecting. Do you have any problem surfing the Internet etc. Your wifi is working without problems. You might try a reset by holding down the power button, along with both volume buttons for 15 seconds. This will cause a reboot. After the 15 seconds, hold the power button for 3 or 4 seconds until the red light flashes. The PB should restart within a minute. Then try downloading again.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Xxx

Hi

I tryed how you said and still I have the problem. It shows me the following massage:

"install error: [0003-0005]

There was a problem during instalation. Please try again."

Please kindly help me. I am totally unable to download anything from apps world.

My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: comcel

I had the same issue. 

I was able to fixed it  five mins ago

-----

Solution as follow> 

1. Go to settings – date & time. Then turn off "set date & time automatically" then advance the date forward a month or so.

2. Go to settings – BlackBerry ID. It will refresh your info and hopefully fix the problem. 

3. Set the date again and see if App World will work now. 

Good luck

My Device: 9810 Playbook
My Carrier: O2

Worked for me :smileyhappy:. Thank you
Developer
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

Thanks very much: I was having the same problem, and your fix worked for me, too.

My Device: RIM Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I am having the same problem. So I am trying to follow your advice but it is taking a very, very long time on "Retrieving Blackberry ID properties". How long should it take?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: curve 9330/Playbook
My Carrier: verizon

Great catch. What prompted you to take the step to turn off the set auto time and date function?

My Carrier: None

I would like to try this approach, but RIMM is unable to retrieve my user information...

New Contributor
My Device: Rim PlayBook
My Carrier: At&T

I had the same issue and the date changing method didn't work initially.  For some reason when I switched the date then clicked on "BlackBerry ID" I got a second error message that said:

"Unable to Connect"

"BlackBerry ID requires a network connection. Please connect to a Wi-Fi network or tether to your BlackBerry smartphone and try again."

I was able to go to the broswer and search the internet so I knew I had connectivity.  I then switched networks from an Enterprise Network to a less secure network.  I then clicked on the "BlackBerry ID" menu and I did not receive the above message.  I switched the date back (left "Set Date and Time Automatically" off), then switched back to the Enterprise network and had no issue with downloading the app.  Problem fixed now.