Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Ayaan2009
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Xxx

Blackberry playbook, install error: 0003-0005

Hi,

I just bought a new blackberry playbook, i was so excited and it was all goog until I faced a problem. Because of which I am so frustated as I can not download any games or apps from apps world. It just shows me the following massage: Install error: [0003-0005].

Please help me as i am finding my playbook useless becasue of this problem. and if I can not solve this I might think of returning this device back.

I am lookiing forward to hearing from you.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Re: Blackberry playbook, install error: 0003-0005

Should be no reason for not connecting. Do you have any problem surfing the Internet etc. Your wifi is working without problems. You might try a reset by holding down the power button, along with both volume buttons for 15 seconds. This will cause a reboot. After the 15 seconds, hold the power button for 3 or 4 seconds until the red light flashes. The PB should restart within a minute. Then try downloading again.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ayaan2009
My Carrier: Xxx

Hi

I tryed how you said and still I have the problem. It shows me the following massage:

"install error: [0003-0005]

There was a problem during instalation. Please try again."

Please kindly help me. I am totally unable to download anything from apps world.

Please use plain text.
camargotobon
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: comcel

I had the same issue. 

I was able to fixed it  five mins ago

-----

Solution as follow> 

1. Go to settings – date & time. Then turn off "set date & time automatically" then advance the date forward a month or so.

2. Go to settings – BlackBerry ID. It will refresh your info and hopefully fix the problem. 

3. Set the date again and see if App World will work now. 

Good luck

Please use plain text.
spudyclur
My Device: 9810 Playbook
My Carrier: O2

Worked for me :smileyhappy:. Thank you
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
lorax1284
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

Thanks very much: I was having the same problem, and your fix worked for me, too.

Please use plain text.
lsayer
My Device: RIM Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I am having the same problem. So I am trying to follow your advice but it is taking a very, very long time on "Retrieving Blackberry ID properties". How long should it take?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
jecsc620
My Device: curve 9330/Playbook
My Carrier: verizon

Great catch. What prompted you to take the step to turn off the set auto time and date function?

Please use plain text.
iMando
My Carrier: None

I would like to try this approach, but RIMM is unable to retrieve my user information...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mert14
My Device: Rim PlayBook
My Carrier: At&T

I had the same issue and the date changing method didn't work initially.  For some reason when I switched the date then clicked on "BlackBerry ID" I got a second error message that said:

"Unable to Connect"

"BlackBerry ID requires a network connection. Please connect to a Wi-Fi network or tether to your BlackBerry smartphone and try again."

I was able to go to the broswer and search the internet so I knew I had connectivity.  I then switched networks from an Enterprise Network to a less secure network.  I then clicked on the "BlackBerry ID" menu and I did not receive the above message.  I switched the date back (left "Set Date and Time Automatically" off), then switched back to the Enterprise network and had no issue with downloading the app.  Problem fixed now.

Please use plain text.