Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry playbook
My Carrier: Me

Blackberry playbook not charging.

Iv had my playbook for just over a year, I have no warranty left. A few weeks ago I was charging my playbook and I noticed that it wasn't working properly and that I had to hold the charger in and up for it to charge and now a few days ago its stopped working, my battery has completely gone and I can't turn it on anymore, the charger works fine on other devices so I know it's not that, iv also tried other chargers and the USB that came with it. I managed to turn it on for a few minutes after it had first died and when I tried to charge it a notification appeared saying 'could not charge playbook with connected source' and then it died, now when I attempt to charge it a red light comes on for about 10 seconds and then a greeny yellow light flashes and then it does nothing, does anyone know what could be wrong and how I can fix it?
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Blackberry playbook not charging.

If you're right over a year, they may still help you.  Give them a call at the number from this link:

http://us.blackberry.com/support/tablets/playbook/contact-support.html

I think I'm going to take it to a shop to have it checked out, iv tried loads of things that iv seen have worked for others on here but not for me, I think it may be the the bit where the charger goes in (I don't know what it's called haha).
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

That's a good idea. I still recommend you call RIM because they may give you an extension since you're right at a year. Good luck!

I'll give them a ring and see what they say before I take it anywhere then, thanks for your helpSmiley Happy