Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

sunshine123
My Device: Blackberry playbook
My Carrier: Fido

Blackberry playbook parental controls or keylogger software?

Hi all, new to this site. Wondering you all can help us. We got our kids balckberry playbooks for $200 cheap. its great! wondering if there is a parental control software or any software avaible out there that would monitor there internet activity on the playbook. Would be glad if you guys could get back to us. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry playbook parental controls or keylogger software?

They will surf the internet to disable it.

BEst solution is,  on your router only allow the sites they can access.

my kids dont have internet access on theirs yet. when they are 12 they can have access and we will be enabling parental controls on the Router from our ISP.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
mandalay
My Device: blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: blackberry

[ Edited ]

Hi, sunshine.  I purchased laptops for all three of my kids for Christmas last year. The Internet can be a dangerous place and so I installed a parental control keylogger on their computers to monitor their online activity. It is common for parents to use monitoring software to protect kids, though some people may not understand this. This keylogger I used is safe and undetectable, you can have a try. By the way, if you are afraid of violating their privacy, the web filter is a nice choice.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
reconeyes
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

Teach your kids to make the right choices then trust them to make responsible decisions. This is not china, censoring the world they live in will only lead to bigger problems down the road.
Please use plain text.
mobissam
My Device: blackberry bold
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

You need to know about an amazing blackberry spy software which can make your life easier regarding your problems.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Morissette
My Device: BlackBerry os
My Carrier: Blackberry

Ah, forgive me but I think that keylogging is not the best way to control this. The internet is like life - there is good and bad. The internet can also help their studies.

But with a child of that age, the parent may need to control what is seen. If I was young and my parents used keylogging software like mac keylogger or mac spy to "spy" on me, I would not be happy. The child may lose trust in you.

Happy every day
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

If you have the browser open, swipe down from the top and you will notice a small clock icon next to the yellow star. Tap this and it will list all the sites that were visited today. Check them and then decide if it is time to talk to your kids.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Alrale
My Device: striaght panel
My Carrier: BlackBerry

Thank you for your advice, parental controls is so important for parents now.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

Looking at history is useless - I clear mine down every day. So will the kids. Any device that shows you what they have already seen is too late and the first time you confront them the trust is lost.

Any app you install can be uninstalled and reinstalled by them at will as there is no admin account to create a non admin account to run the controls like on a pc or mac. None of the three suggestions above runs on playbook, one is for phones the other two are for pcs.

Playbook is a fully open business tool so you are just going to have to talk to them about bad websites the same way you tell them not to take candy from men in cars. 

My Device: striaght panel
My Carrier: BlackBerry

sunshine123 wrote:

Hi all, new to this site. Wondering you all can help us. We got our kids balckberry playbooks for $200 cheap. its great! wondering if there is a parental control software or any software avaible out there that would monitor there internet activity on the playbook. Would be glad if you guys could get back to us. Thanks!

Being too strict to them makes them unhappy, but leaving them alone is also not a good idea. Parental control software is necessary.

Please use plain text.