Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

frustrated123
My Device: playbook 16gb

Blackbook turned off and wont come on. No light when plug in

I was using my black book and it turned off. It said no battery when I turned it on again so I plugged it in over night. It would not power up the next day.  I plugged it in and it would turn on the red light then light would go off. Now there is no light or anything. i have read some forums and have plugged it into the computer, tried other plugs, pressed all the buttons......

HELP!!!!!!!

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Re: Blackbook turned off and wont come on. No light when plug in

Try this Stack Charging Procedure.
If your battery is dead or near dead, you have a problem. If you follow these instructions you may be able to make a recovery but it will take some time. The charger is controlled by software. The software will not run because the battery voltage is too low. When the battery is too low and you turn on the PB, It will only run for about 4 minutes and then shut down again. During this 4 minutes, the charger will begin charging but since the battery voltage is still too low, the unit will shut down again and the charger will shut off. To get the voltage up sufficiently for the PB To continue, you have to have the charger plugged in and every 5 minutes or so, you have to hold the power button on until the red light flashes then release it.It will once again recharge for 4 minutes. You may have to repeat these steps at least 10 times. Once the voltage gets up a bit, the charger should stay on but it will takes 6 hours to fully recharge the battery. When your charger is charging, it will feel warm to the touch so check it often to see if it is in fact charging.
If your PB recovers, try not to let the battery go dead again. You will receive a message on your screen informing you to connect your charger when the battery power drops to a low level. Please follow those directions. Please report back on your success or failure.
New Contributor
reubenmesa
My Device: 9900; Playbook

Is there any way to recover my playbook after trying the stack charging procedure then the red light doesnt light up anymore after the 6th time? it lights up for less than a second then nothing.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Try holding the Power Button only for 20 seconds and release. Have it connected to the charger while doing this. You can Google these BlackBerry Knowledge Base articles. KB26808, KB27705, KB26708 Which may help you.