Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32Gb v2.1.0.1032
My Carrier: rogers
Accepted Solution

Bluetooth headset

It has been rumoured that the PB with newest OS updates has improved Bluetooth support.

Is it now possible to use a bluetooth headset? This would be one where earphone can be used to listen and mike can be used to say make Voice Notes or use a VOIP phone ap like Comwave.

If so, are there any specs headset should meet?

Any recommended models?

Will BB Bluetooth headsets like HS-700 work?

BTW: A long discussion on Crackberry seems to go round and round. Most owners seem to be able to listen using Bluetooth, but examples of using bluetooth microphone are few.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Bluetooth headset

I just tried the HS-700 with my Playbook. While it plays audio it does not seem to record audio from the headset. The only bluetooth services that are listed are A2DP and Audio/Video Remote Control
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32Gb v2.1.0.1032
My Carrier: rogers

Thanks John.
Over on Crackberry, there is a similar discussion. Some say they have got mike to work with similar spec units by Samsung and Jabra. Strange they would work and the BB not.
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

It probably depends on what services load when the headset is paired.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!