Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Tissie
My Device: Playbook

Book Reader & PlayEpub don't work after update

Like many others, I updated my playbook when prompted to do so. Now neither of my ebook reader apps will work properly. The books are there but the Book Reader just has blank pages. The PlayEpub shows the file /book but it won't open when I tap on it. Anything I can do to fix this? I have adjusted the security settings already. I have uninstalled & reinstalled both apps. Kinda frustrating...

New Contributor
lilalur
My Device: Playbook 32GB Storm 9500

Re: Book Reader & PlayEpub don't work after update

No. Sadly we have to wait their autors to refresh their apps... I'm in the same boat. I hope they release the update soon.

New Contributor
Tissie

Aaargh!! Thanks... good to know it's not just me!
New Contributor
Tissie

Thanks for the speedy fix for Book Reader!! But PLayEpub still not working..

Contributor
UntangledDev
My Device: PlayBook

No problem. :smileyhappy:

Sorry about the mess with the upgrade. Unfortunately, PlayBook developers get access to new OS versions at the
same time as application users and have to react to issues instead of fixing them in advance.

OS 2.0.1 has significant undocumented changes in WebKit, which broke the BookReader.

Main incompatibility issues were fixed in 1.3.6, but since it has been approved I've found 2 addditonal issues (links not working and displaying raw HTML for some EPUBs). Those 2 are fixed in 1.3.7 and 1.3.8 releases respectively.

Regards,

Igor
Untangled Development

Contributor
bonway
My Device: playbook 16gb

I do not no how to fix my epub just did it feb 15 2013 and it gives me blank pages when I try to read my book. Please help and how long should I wait then there is an up date before doing it so that I don t have this problem for the third time. Makes me want to not do the updates at all. Also I'm not a computer pro by a long shot so Please keep it simple ..Thanks so much

itching to use my e reader...

Contributor
UntangledDev

Hi,

I've seen such problem before. It looks like in your case application installation process has failed to download and unpack all required modules.

Unfortunately, you have to delete and re-install the application from the Blackberry World (you will not be charged again).

Please let me know if this would not fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Igor
Untangled Development

Contributor
bonway
My Device: playbook 16gb

Not real great on the computer to begin with. Really not sure what you are talking about. what do I have to do again. It has been a while since i have done anything on this and i have no idea what i need to do. step by step would be great so that i might be able to get this going again.

B

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Hold your finger on one of the APPS. When the screen begins moving, tap the garbage can fir the problem Apps. Then go to BlackBerry World, go to My World. On the left side top, tap the Refresh button. When it has finished the refresh, go tobthe right side, tap the Uninstall button, find your reader App in the list, tap Reinstall. Try the reader, report back.
Contributor
UntangledDev

Thank you for your help, Lost_at_Sea. :Yes:

I could only add that if Blackberry World will show you an error message during re-install then you could try to clear the BlackBerry World cache as described here: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB24714&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&...

Regards,

Igor
Untangled Development