Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

Bridge Applications don't appear in BB Bridge tab on home screen

When setting up Bridge the playbook states that the applications (contacts, calendar etc.) have been placed in the Blackberry Bridge tab of the home screen. They do not. They do appear under All, but not in BB Bridge. Can these be moved, other than just around the All category screen?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Bridge Applications don't appear in BB Bridge tab on home screen

I know the icons can be dragged to the different sections listed on the top bar.

If you hold your finger on an icon for a number of seconds, all the icons will start to pulsate. You can then drag them around. You should be able to drag and drop icons in to the name bars at the top. It will take some getting used to. Take care to not delete any icons by touching them on the "X". 

To stop the pulsations, simply tap on the side arrow, or on one of the tabs.

I myself have not tried to drag icons in to the bridge section. You will have to try it.

Once you get used to this, you can build up icons in your favorites section. This is convenient.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Simply dragging the icons shouldn't do the trick. I'm afraid you will have to delete the paired devices, paired them and bridge again.
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: Bell

I can drop icons into favorites or games but not bridge. Deleting the paired devices and setting up pairing again, after a reboot, worked.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 & Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

I occasionally loose my bridge app icons from my home screen, although  the names and shadows are still there, and the icons work. Not sure what causes this but have to reboot to get them back. Has happened occasionally with every OS build so far..  Weird!!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I found that if I add new icons (shortcuts) to the tablet desktop, the bridge icons dissapear, and only the text is left. They still worked okay but were invisable. Re-starting the tablet fixed it. 

I did not try adding new icons to the tablet desktop since the new OS updates. Therefore I have no idea if this has been corrected. I am very sure RIM is aware of the problem because there were many complaints about this.

From what I have been reading the bridge feature was very complicated to develope. They had many complications with it. Over time they will most likely sort everthing out.

Overall I am very pleased with the tablet. It does what I wanted it to do for me.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.