Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
anijayz
My Device: BB 9700

Bridge Brower cannot open ANY website...but Phone Browser opens up all webstes...

Hi,

Running OS 6.0.0.534 on my BB9700 and Bridge is connected to Playbook (.1710). Mail, calendar, todo, memos work fine; but I cannot open up ANY website on the Bridge Browser. The phone browser works fine for all websites.

Error Message: "Not authorized to open Http://www.google.com".

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

New Contributor
ib_78
My Device: 9800

Re: Bridge Brower cannot open ANY website...but Phone Browser opens up all webstes...

I too cant open bridge browser !!! I get "cannot download corporate files" message when i try... Are you with ATT by any chance this is related to the carrier blocking it?

New Contributor
anijayz

Re: Bridge Brower cannot open ANY website...but Phone Browser opens up all webstes...

I am on T-Mobile.
New Contributor
ib_78
My Device: 9800

and i have the 9800 Torch so its not a problem with a specific BB model.... good to know i'm not alone on this but still frustrating not being able to do this... ANYONE know how to fix this???

Trusted Contributor
tboyd
My Device: 8530 curve

I turned off Wifi and opened bridge browser and it connected to yahoo, I opened up web page about Royals and then logged in and opened my mail. I thought bridge browser only workded with BES. My carrier is Cellular south. When I change web pages I see my phone downloading information. I'm pleased this is working. No need to tether, it's a little slow but it's free!

New Contributor
johnboysd
My Device: torch playbook

Re: Bridge Browser cannot open ANY website..But Phone Browser opens up all website...

I got the "not authorized to open" too, but then checked my RF signal on my Torch and realized that I turned it off the same time when I disabled the WiFi signal. Doh!

But that being said.  It connected to Google, takes frigging forever to link to the search page, then I gave up connecting to any sites with the search links. 

Phone Browser worked.  So it must be the blue tooth bridge slowing it down.

New Contributor
anijayz

Hello Playbook World...any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Thanks!