Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook, BlackBerry Bold 9000

Bridge Browser Error 403 "You do not have permission to access the requested web page."

I have successfully bridged my BlackBerry Bold 9000 to my new PlayBook.

Every Bridge feature works except my Bridge Browser.  The browser will open and shows three bookmarks, Bing, Google, and Yahoo.  If I go to any of them or any other website, I get the following error: "Error 403 "You do not have permission to access the requested page."

PlayBook 32GB OS 1.0.1.1710
Bold 9000 OS v5.0.0.1067 (Bundle 1728, Platform 5.2.0.89)
AT&T Service
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 Playbook Z10

Re: Bridge Browser Error 403 "You do not have permission to access the requested web page."

What carrier are you with?

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook, BlackBerry Bold 9000

Re: Bridge Browser Error 403 "You do not have permission to access the requested web page."

I am with AT&T.

PlayBook 32GB OS 1.0.1.1710
Bold 9000 OS v5.0.0.1067 (Bundle 1728, Platform 5.2.0.89)
AT&T Service
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9550

I have the exact same problem. Everything in the bridge works, except for the browser. I receive the same Error 403 message.

Tablet OS Version  1.0.1.1710

Storm 2 9550 OS Version  5.0.0.1015

Verizon Wireless, BIS, Washington State, USA

Connected to MDaemon BESX

Tried connecting through another Blackberry 9550 with the same OS, and had the same problem. Have done a complete wipe and OS install on the PlayBook, but the problem was not resolved.

New Contributor
My Device: 9800

Hello.
Exact same problem.
I have been studiyng for hours.
The problem is when you make the enterprise activation, just in that second the bluetooth services change and then is impossible to have the connectivity desktop, after that you got that error.
i wipe my bb, upgrade OS until i fixed the bluetooth issue. After that i started the bridge and started bridgebrowsing without a problem! but after playing around i decided to enterprise activate my info (BES!!!!!!) and i saw the exact second the bluetooth services conditions changed and in that second obtain the 403 error...
I hope that the people of bb help us...
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9550

Thanks for sharing your experience. You just saved me a bunch of time. I was planning to wipe my phone in an attempt to resolve the problem, which would have taken me hours to get all my Apps back in, registared, and configured. Too bad it's BES messing things up. I would love for my bridge browser to work, but I'm not willing to give up BES to make it happen.

After your pointer to BES as the problem, I found others with the same issue. It appers that if the PlayBook is connected to BES, even through BIS, then the bridge browser automatically defaults to BES. If your BES admin has disabled web browsing through BES, then you get the error message. There's some talk of it on Crackberry, but no resolution.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=609020

It was suggested that the BES admin would need to allow web browsing through BES for the bridge browser to function, or the PlayBook firmware (or maybe the bridge software on the phone) would need to be changed so that it does not default to BES. I manage my own BESX which is part of MDaemon, but I do not see any settings that could allow browsing through BES. Maybe that's a full BES thing and not an option in BESX, or maybe it's just the MDaemon version that lacks the option.