Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
dperlberg
My Device: Z10

Bridge Email Limitations - Spelling & Copy/Paste

Another thing that needs to be corrected (maybe I'm just missing the ability) before this truly can go corporate wide is the ability in email via the bridge to correct misspelled words and copy/paste. The spell changes is a bigger issue. I know it works on the applications on the device, but its a big need in email. Again hopefully this will be corrected in a software update in the near future.

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

Re: Bridge Email Limitations - Spelling & Copy/Paste

I found in the bridge mode when writing emails the spelling errors would show with a red underline. But, I found the spelling corrector does not work.

It is possible to copy and paste in the bridge mode. The process is very much like in the Word To Go program. You can look up the details for this in the help system.

I found getting around for critical positions with the touch screen to be a bit critical, and slows me down. Using the spell corrector, or copy and paste takes extra effort.

In consideration that the Playbook is a new technology, and from what I have been told and read the operating software and programs will be going through much development, the inovation of this device is genius. I do enjoy using it, and find it to be an excellent small computer for emails, writing basic text files, and browsing the net.

I managed to get the Playbook GPS working with the Bing Maps program. I downloaded a free compas program. Because of the size of the screen, it makes for an excellent GPS device. From what I found the GPS worked only when outside, and using the Playbook in the tethered mode so it can download the necessary map and function data.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
New Contributor
HarmSluiman
My Device: playbook

I have found that i get the highlighting of spelling, but as you note I don't get a choice list or add to dictionary action.

I do get the mark and select for cut/copy/paste if I carefully use my fat fingers per the demo that happens to be in the Word to Go app, where spell happens to work.
New Contributor
HarmSluiman
My Device: playbook

Re: Bridge Email Limitations - horzontal problems and read window size

I have found 2 things problematic when using the messages app via the bridge.

problem one is that resizing of the view for zoom in/out is not enabled, and in most cases the mail I get doesn't seem to fit in the default window size provided

problem two is that in vertical mode I can toggle back and forth with the list and the actual full screen mail. However I don't have this in horizontal mode, which is a waste of space. When combined with problem one this is a rather annoying behaviour.

Hopefully these are things being addressed soon.

Contributor
pedalshoe
My Device: Torch 9800 and PlayBook

selecw / copy / paste will make thigs alot better from the browser, bridge browser and from messages.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

I must agree. Resizing and positioning would be a terrific option!
Jerry G.
Trusted Contributor
tboyd
My Device: 8530 curve

Bridge Messenging needs to support TXT and HTM attachments. If I can't open these attachments to reply I don't need copy/paste/spellcheck. I need to open attachments more than I need video chat.
New Contributor
Neutron
My Device: Curve 3G (9330) | PlayBook (64GB)

Copy & paste works from within the Bridge apps, but not from say, your browser, to your messages. Adding this ability would be welcome as would the spell check featured.
Neutron
Curve 3G (9330) | PlayBook (64GB)