Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
micmicsa
My Device: 9800

Bridge function

Hi, I am considering to buy a playbook, however I have number of questions before I place an order.

1. I am using a blackberry 9800 with so-called unlimited data plan, (does not support tethering...will cost extra money if I tethering to my PC)... So my question is if I bridge playbook with my 9800, is it the same?

2. Tethering with 9800, will cost extra money form local teleco?

3. If I purchase it from Canada and ship it to Korea, does RIM has global warranty?

4. If I break bridge, all emails from my playbook will still here or disappeared?

tks in advance.

Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Bridge function

Hello micmicsa and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

I provided some feedback on the questions you posed below.

1. I am using a blackberry 9800 with so-called unlimited data plan, (does not support tethering...will cost extra money if I tethering to my PC)... So my question is if I bridge playbook with my 9800, is it the same?

BlackBerry Bridge is an application which allows connection to your BlackBerry and the Playbook to use your existing data plan. Tethering is a separate option you can enable from the Settings.

2. Tethering with 9800, will cost extra money form local teleco?

This question is better addressed by your mobile network carrier.

3. If I purchase it from Canada and ship it to Korea, does RIM has global warranty?

Warranty claims are addressed by the point of sale. You will need to discuss with them warranty specifics.

4. If I break bridge, all emails from my playbook will still here or disappeared?

When the BlackBerry is no longer bridged, the icons will grey out and become inaccessible. The emails should remain on your BlackBerry device.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
micmicsa
My Device: 9800

Re: Bridge function

thanks so much, that's help!