Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: None

Broken Playbook

Had my 32GB playbook since Jan. 

Turned it on two days ago, and it won’t complete the start process. It hangs on the multi-coloured screen with Blackberry Playbook written in white.

I’ve tried everything I know of. Two button reset. Three button reset. Re-load of OS via Black berry desktop software, but no joy.

The last does look as if it might have worked, as it downloads the software, extracts, gives the message loading system software, and finally reboot.

But it never does reboot fully. I never get the series of config screens. It just hangs until the battery expires.

How to I contact RIM in the UK to get it fixed under warranty?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Broken Playbook

There's an 0800 number halfway down this page

If you have not registered the serial before you MAY get the three months free support to start now, or you may not. The uk 12 month warranty as always rests with the retailer. The sale of goods act should give you even longer. 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Broken Playbook

Try this. Connect to the charger. Do the three button reset. You may have to try it several times.
Hold down the Power Button and both volume buttons at the same time for 15 seconds and then wait 1 minute then hold the power button only until the red light flashes then release it and wait for the PB to reboot which will be about 4 minutes.
Let us know the results.