Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
burakboyar
My Device: bold 9700, playbook
My Carrier: Businessman

Broken USB port in playbook

Hi,

My wife plugged the charger to my playbook wrong side and now I can't charge my PB.

I think it was broken or something like that.

I bought my PB from UK but I'm living in Turkey. I suppose PB officially not selling in Turkey.

Can I use my warrant in worldwide? If I can, how?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Re: Broken USB port in playbook

Try taking the PB to a place that does repair work on cell phones. Maybe they can do a repair. In the meantime you can charge your PB by connecting the USB cable to your computer or you can purchase the charging stand in which the PB stands and recharges via the 3 pins in the bottom of the PB.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
dc-it
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Samsung Galaxy Note
My Carrier: Telus

If the port in the PB is damaged by inserting the charger plug in the wrong way then there is no way to charge the PB till it is fixed.

Otherwise you'll need to buy another charger.

A usb cable will not be able to charge the PB via a PC USB port which doesn't provide a high enough power to charge the PB.

Either way it's a damage caused by the user so unlikely will be covered by the warranty.

A local electronic repair shop may be able to replace the micro usb port in the PB?

DC-IT
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
klrchef
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

I had the same problem and called support, after about a half hour of trying different things I was instructed to send it to Blackberry. They sent me a mailer and I had it back in about 14 days.

Please use plain text.
deezangel99
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: at&t

I had the same thing happen to me. the charger and data cable wouldn't fit anymore because the USB port was damaged, the little metal thing in the center of the port was bent down.

it was a pretty easy fix. i took a pen or small paper clip and hooked it under the small metal think in the USB port and gentally bent it back up to where it was straight again.

my charger and data cable was able to fit again and was able to charge.

it happen about a year ago and it has been working perfectly since then.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
saugen48
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: none at present

BB has chosen to put the BB symbol on the top of the connector vice the USB symbol..which confuses some people..suggest a drop of white out be put on the top of the charger (BB symbol) connector to alleviate any future problems

Gene
Please use plain text.