Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
gordblimey
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: shaw
Accepted Solution

Broken port?

Hi, help required please, I was downloading pictures onto my playbook when after a while an error message came up, so I unplugged USB & re connected, think I may have tried to wrongly reconnect, now cannot use port, bought a travel charger so at least I can still use it.

Did phone 1 800 #, back on February 21st, Was on the phone for 1hour 50 minutes  to Costa Rica explaining I needed to send it back for repair. Lost count of the number of times I was put on hold, finally was told to go to us.blackberry.com to read terms of sending it back etc. Did tell him I was in Canada, but he said that was the address to use,& if I hadn't after  a while he would get back in touch with me. Couldn't find the correct info on site given,  so on Sunday replied to there initial e-mail stating that I was having difficulty finding the terms of returning.

Still waiting for reply.

Rather than go through all this again, I'm thinking of either taking it to a repair shop or just using as is, but 1st place I went too said could only be done through factory, is this true?

Any help gladly appreciated,

Andy

Please use plain text.
Developer
fantas
My Device: Limited Developer Edition
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Broken port?

Try taking it to tech service or if it is urgent buy a quick charger.
If i've helped you use the like button (KUDOS)!
Follow me at twitter: @hektorc
Read my blog: http://hektor.in
Check my GitHub: github.com/hektorcyc
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Get a good magnifying glass and have a look at it. It is broken or is it just bent out of shape. If it is bent out of shape, get a small plastic screwdriver and bend it back carefully.
If it is broken, I have seen reports on Crackberry.com that it would cost around $150.00 to get it replaced. A few more dollars and you could buy a new one. Rumour has it, new upgraded Playbooks are coming out in April. Time will tell.
You can talk to someone in a cellphone repair shop who may be able to give you better advice.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gordblimey
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: shaw

Thanks very much for your advice, will try magnifying glass first, then wait to see whats coming out.
Please use plain text.
xinumoon
My Device: Playbook 64g
My Carrier: tmobile

I had same problem, the charger or usb wouldnt go in due to me being not that careful inserting them a number of times. What i did was to get a knife and carefully ease the pins as a whole a little down away from the screen. Didnt need any real pressure and it worked perfectly. I suggest do it a little, retest then again however mine worked after the first go

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

xinumoon wrote:

I had same problem, the charger or usb wouldnt go in due to me being not that careful inserting them a number of times. What i did was to get a knife and carefully ease the pins as a whole a little down away from the screen. Didnt need any real pressure and it worked perfectly. I suggest do it a little, retest then again however mine worked after the first go

Would not recommend a metal tool. Even though the two charge pins are probably diode protected, you have a massive li.ion battery in there!

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Orange, Viva, Claro

I moved it gently with toothpick, in correct position, and it works, charging.

My cats also eat the cable of charger, but somehow its still working.

Please use plain text.