Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
masha123
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800, Playbook (Wifi)
My Carrier: Bell

Browser seems very slow

Recently noticed a huge drop off in browser/internet speeds on the playbook. I've run some speed tests to compare it to other devices in the house, and all other devices are achieving results far superior to that of the PB. My internet provider allows up to 20mbps DL, and i consistantly get between 8 to 18 Mbps DL and 50 to 82 ms on the ping test, and around 0.46 Mbps for UL on my laptop (on a wireless connection). Is it really acceptable to be getting 1.47Mbps DL and 779 ms or higher ping? I'm on the latest OS version, dont have many apps taking up ressources, and clear memory every now and then to try and improve things, but nothing has helped so far. How can I improve this? 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Browser seems very slow

Look at my tips on wifi

Speed-up-BlackBerry-Wi-Fi-connections-a-knottyrope-tip

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
masha123

Checked out your list of tips and tried applying a couple different settings, but still getting the same slow results. Most of the suggestions were already applied, but i appreciate the link. If my internet speeds are acceptable on other devices with these wifi settings, why would they need to be altered to accomodate the playbook? I'm by no means a tech wizard but can normally troubleshoot my way out of problems. This one has me completely stumped. 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

Browser, Settings, Privacy &  Security, Clear All

Tried this numerous times - it was actually the first thing i tried. Didn't help unfortunately. 

Please use plain text.