Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB - Wifi only
My Carrier: N/A
Accepted Solution

Calendar Month view not working following OS 2.1.0.1032 update

Is anyone experiencing problems with accessing the Month View on their Calendar following updating to OS 2.1.0.1032? 

For me it appears to have stopped working and I now get a blank screen.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Calendar Month view not working following OS 2.1.0.1032 update

I have the same problem.

Anyone have an idea what may be causing this?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: BB ZED 10
My Carrier: Fido

I had the same problem and what I did is: go into the calendar settings and make the default view - month and I picked agenda settings. go back and close the calendar and re-open it and it opened in month view. I can select week or day view from there if I want. Hope it works for you.

Smile, it makes people wonder what you are up to. Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks Original_Lucy that fixed it.

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB ZED 10
My Carrier: Fido

Good to hear, and glad I knew the answer. Smiley Happy

Smile, it makes people wonder what you are up to. Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Koodo

I had the same issue.   The workaround worked...but I am sadly now unable to see the weekly view upon launching the calendar app.  Smiley Sad

TX for the help! 

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB - Wifi only
My Carrier: N/A

I got the following response from BlackBerry:

"We are aware of issues with the calendar since updating to 2.1, the calendar information you previously had has been cleared. But it seems you're experiencing a different problem as you said it only opens a blank page with the calendar view options either to the side or along the bottom. In this case the first step to resolving this issue would be to perform a hard reset. A hard reset is done by pressing and holding the power button for about 20 seconds until the tablet powers off, once powered off wait a few seconds then power it back on.
If this does not fix the problem, then we will have to reload the operating system. It is suggested you perform a backup with BlackBerry Desktop software before proceeding to reload the operating system as this will completely wipe all data on the tablet and reset it to factory settings.
The following steps will guide you through the software reload process:

To reload the PlayBook software you will need to have access to a computer with BlackBerry Desktop Software version 6.0.2 or above installed onto it.(this software can be found at http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/ )

Once you have the BlackBerry Desktop Software installed onto your computer, open the program and plug in your PlayBook via usb.
Now that you have the PlayBook plugged into your computer with the Desktop Software open, hold the power button on your playbook until it powers off. Next, unplug the PlayBook from the computer for about 10-15seconds and plug it back in(while the PlayBook is still powered off). You should be prompted with a message on the Desktop Software stating that the Desktop Software is unable to communicate with the device and you will be presented with 3 options:
Repair, update or cancel. Be sure to be alert as that pop up will not last any longer than 15-20seconds, when you get that prompt click on update and you will be asked to enter your email address and the Desktop Software will then start to download and reload the OS onto the playbook. This process can take anywhere from half an hour to an hour depending on the internet connection being used. Once the PlayBook OS has been re-loaded onto the device it will go through the initial setup with you as it did when you first purchased it and any bugs in the software previously running would be gone."

This worked for me and I haven't experienced any further issues.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

I just had the same issue, and after a bunch of swiping and tapping around managed to get the monthly view to reappear without even exiting the app.  Upon exiting and restarting, however, it was gone again.  I also then could not even select the daily view, and when I tried to it would briefly highlight the icon for it, then revert to the previous view again.

I then also discovered the same workaround that's described above and, so far, mine is working fine again.  I changed it back to default to weekly, exited, restarted, and had lost the monthly view again.  Back to monthly default and it works again, for now. Fingers crossed..

If it stops working for you again, consider doing the sequence I just did, changing the default away from monthly, exit, restart, changing back to monthly, exit, restart... there's a good chance that will restore full functionality again for awhile.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!