Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
thprice5
My Device: Blackberry Style

Calendar and Contacts

Will the playbook eventually have a way to put events into a calendar without having to sync it with my phone. The Bridge is nice to have to connect the two but it eats up my batteries and don't want to have to charge it all the time to get to a calendar with my things that I need to keep track of. I am starting to rethink my purchase because I need a tablet to keep track of contacts and calendar events with raising my kids while my husband is on deployment.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Calendar and Contacts

[ Edited ]

RIM says they are coming out with a native version in a few months. I know of some 3rd party solutions that will probably be out before then.

For contact manager, we've release "Personal Assistant".  Calendering will be added in a future release.

Please use plain text.
Developer
greenback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, DAC

thprice5,

I'm a developer focusing specifically on building PlayBook apps. At the moment, I am making a powerful and easy to use contacts manager. Would you please provide details on the must-have features you would want in the app? I will incorporate them in my upcoming release if possible.

By the way, bridge is awesome. The only issue I found is in increasing font-size of the email view on the right hand side. There should be a way to make the font bigger or make the email view full-screen.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kamranata
My Device: Playbook - Torch
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

I bought the Playbook and never even think once that such an important thing like keeping contacts, calendar, notes and to-do list will not be availble withput the phone paired... **bleep**

How did RIM come up with such a brilliant idea.. I am amazed. 

Your phone runs out of batteries, cannot not reach your phone or whatever the reason is, PLAYBOOK is not even worth a dime.

Good job RIM. Then we wonder why is RIM cann't compete Apple products.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
CCpotter
My Device: 8900/playbook
My Carrier: CMM

really? that's so cool

I wanna my calender can be ...er...

Can't come up with one yet, i think i'm ok with it actually

:mantongue:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
birdy1
My Device: Playbook (WiFi)
My Carrier: Verison

RIM: All you need to do is to take the calendar and contact app used in the smartphones and adapt them to the tablet OS. This may sound simplistic but this is what I was expecting to have preloaded on the Playbook.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

There are several apps in appworld that are contacts and calendars.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kamranata

this forum appears to be a place created fir people to shed their frustrations without any word being passed to RIM... nice, otherwise there should atleast some point RIM rep explaining something, justifying some logics of not having the "understood" features / apps.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kamranata wrote:
this forum appears to be a place created fir people to shed their frustrations without any word being passed to RIM... nice, otherwise there should atleast some point RIM rep explaining something, justifying some logics of not having the "understood" features / apps.

This is a peer to peer forum.  Some members feel this is a rant forum.  Most of the ranters did not do their research prior to purchase.  With that said this is a community forum where the people here are volunteers, we are not paid except with the feeling of helping others.  

As far as email contacts and calender.  each one is part of the bridged apps.

So what did RIM not put with the Playbook.

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kamranata

1) ya you are right, i did not do the complete reseach before buying it, and that is a mistake.
2) nobody questioned the use of this forum..that it is from the the people helping people.
3) thanks fir reminding that these apps are the PART of bridge and not native, which exactly is the problem .
4) why are you trying to defend RIM, and trying to prove yourself the great grand master here? this is my opinion and i wrote so... trying to find the solution to a problem which renders the playbook useless without bridge to blackberry smartphone.

if you do not have the solution, just let somebody else say something and you can keep your sympathy for RIM to yourself.
Please use plain text.