Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
awheinle
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Calendar does not synch

Hi,

I installed the new OS on my playbook, but while my gmail email and contacts synch, the calendar does not.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DarrenKH
My Device: Bold 9700/ Playbook 32
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Calendar does not synch

First, you need to check under home page/options (the gear icon)/accounts, click default accounts, then you can select which calendar as your default. I selected Gmail account and this allows synching with Google calendar. If you select Playbook local, it doesn't seem to allow synching regardless of what type of appointment you enter in PB.

By selecting your Gmail account as default, then when you add an appointment in PB calendar, by default it will be a Google appointment, and will sync to Google. If instead you add a PB local appointment, it won't be synched to Google calendars.

I believe you also need to have selected Gmail account as default in order to get your Google appointments synched to PB.

For anyone wanting to sync a different calendar, there are other threads that have discussed this, they seem to be working it out.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
awheinle

That's the way I have it set up.

Still nothing on my PB :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DarrenKH
My Device: Bold 9700/ Playbook 32
My Carrier: Bell

Not sure what else it could be. And I assume you are referring to the Google online calendar, and not the calendar in Outlook? That's a separate issue, which Crackberry.com discussed in an article a few weeks ago.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
awheinle

Yes, the Google calendar.

Thanks for taking the time and trying to help.

Please use plain text.
dwun
My Device: Playbook & Bold 9900
My Carrier: ATT

Did you ever get a resolution for your problem?  I seem to have the same/similar problem.  Using PB and Bold 9900, along with Gmail (Gmail contacts and calendar, not Outlook contacts or calendar), my contacts sync but with the calendar entries, some sync and some don't.  It seems that all those that are reoccurring (daily or weekly for example) sync (haven't absolutely verified this, but looks that way).  On one particular day, one single appt synced to Gmail calendar, and the next hour another appt didn't sync.  (My default account calendar is my Gmail account.)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
awheinle

Not really. It only synchs the primary GMAIL calendar. I have a couple of extra ones and they don't synch.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Usually only the default calendar will sync

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
gumnutninja
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: n-a

Google discontinued "google sync" (aka Microsoft Active Exchange Sync) on December 14. Newly installed Gmail Calendars and Contacts have to be imported as CalDAV and CardDav accounts now. They will discontinue sync for mail at the end of the month, after which all new account imports will have to be done as imap acct.

Basically they want people to either buy android or use a google app and are making some extra hoops for anyone who prefers not to.
Please use plain text.