Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

pluto7443
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB

Calendar refuses to allow appointments

My Playbook's calendar dosn't allow me to edit or add appointments. When I try to add one, it doesn't bring up the page with the subject and information areas, instead, there is just a blank white area, if I am in the day view. If I am not, it doesn't take me to the day view either. Yes, I have all of my calendars, Gmail, local, and FB, checked, and I'm sure that syncing is enabled. 

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Calendar refuses to allow appointments

Are you on the latest version of the OS? Should be 2.0.1.1314. Look in Options >About and change the dropdown box to "OS."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Calendar refuses to allow appointments

[ Edited ]

that's 2.1.0.1314

If that is your current OS I would try two things

1. Delete all your email accounts, restart, then try calendar standalone, then add back the one which you are trying to sync with and test again.

If that does not fix it

2. backup your data and force install fresh OS copy, either by security wipe or debrick. The only similar problem I can find on the forum was fixed by an upgrade to a new OS.

(There are some who will say that security wipe does not load a fresh OS. I disagree, as it downloads and installs something of several hundred MB that can only be an OS)