Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
juditha
My Device: Blackberry playbook

Re: Calibre now has a driver for Blackberry Playbook

Be sure to download the update to the book reader app. I gave my husband a playbook for his birthday and loaded his books onto it. When he received it, the books showed up but were blank when opened. It was a simple fix - I guess the latest playbook update through something out of whack with the reader app, but once I updated it everything was fine.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
juditha

As a total newbie (and I hesitate to admit it, but an ipad user as well), I was able to copy books from my laptop to the playbook using calibre to remove the drm. Then I transferred them to the ereader app. Everything went well. Now I know that I should remove the books from the playbook once they have been transferred to the ereader app. But darned if I can figure out how to get at them to delete them. Can someone with patience please tell me step by step how to find the books on the playbook so I can delete them? Thanks so much.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Joyce2
My Device: curve 9800

Oh...no, I didn't know to do this either.....and I haven't any idea how to do it....so if you do find out, please share with this other new guy...lol.   I was just soooo happy to get them there, I never gave this a thought.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Joyce2

Hi, got books in and readable....FINALLY and thanks again.

However, I can't find a previous post showing how to remove duplicates....still need a little more help from you, if you would be so kind.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bdog36
My Device: Playbook

First, remove the books only if you agreed during the installation of the Book Reader app to allow it to create a duplicate copy to speed up loading time.  This is why you have two copies of the book files.  If you didn't accept this request, don't delete the books.

To remove the books, connect the BB to your computer and ber sure it can "see" it.  Use Windows Explorer to go to the folder you pointed Calibre to when connecting the device.  Probably Z:/books (or Y or whatever....) - highlight the the files and hit the delete key.  This may seem sacriligious after spending hours of frustration trying to get the files onto the BB and readable, but it's ok!!!!  I suggest you start by deleting just one, then sync the BB and then check in Book Reader to ensure the book is still there.  If it is, delete the rest of the files.  (If it's not, then you probably didn't agree to the extra copy being created during the installation of the app.)

I delete the book files immediately after importing them into Book Reader to avoid clutter and having to guess the next time whether something is loaded or not.  I hope this is what you're looking for.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Joyce2

Good Morning.....You're AWESOME....soo much time and patience.  Thank you ever so much, I really appreciated you.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bdog36
My Device: Playbook

No problem - glad I could help.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fraunthall
My Device: non-Blackberry user

since I cannot find the text I inserted in the text box, I am writing it again.

I understand there is a blackberry driver for calibre that strips DRM off epub books.  I need to know if that driver is now a standard part of Calibre's most recent versions or whether or not a special plugin must be installed in Calibre.  If it is the latter, what is it called and where can it be located?  Thanks for anyone's help.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
juditha

It's part of the current version of calibre. Once installed, do a google search for Apprentice Alf's Blog to find step by step directions on how to use it. It does work, we moved lots of sony ebooks from computer to playbook.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fraunthall
My Device: non-Blackberry user

Thanks for the prompt and helpful response. I am so looking forward to getting my PlayBook.
Please use plain text.