Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

hbteutsch
My Device: Playbook wifi
My Carrier: N/A

Camera App - Not Working "error.4003"

[ Edited ]

I am receiving the error.4003 for the camera app. This affects both camera and video modes. The front facing camera does not work through the camera app, but works fine if used via the video chat app. This appears to be a software error as the touch screen interface controls in the camera app are not completely functional or have a severe response time lag as compared to normal touch screen response time.

Apparently worked fine a month ago. Pictures taken looked great. 

At first the error message received on the camera app stated camera was already in use. Not the error above is all I get. 

I've done research via the Web and the only responses thus far is to send this into RIM. But too many people are experiencing this error and the posted ideas on other forums are either questionable or IMO not acceptable. 

Also the screen capture cameramode works fine. No problems.

Please use plain text.
daniel1705
My Device: BlackBerry Play book
My Carrier: don't have any

Re: Camera App - Not Working "error.4003"

I have same problem m8 both cames not working wen i open video chat app ir sas that an ather program is using camera. And both front and back cameras not working wen i try to make a picture i get this error 4003 if you find info how to resolv this pls i beg you help me and send me an email in karlopisha@yahoo.com. If you want ore not to help me i thank you any way :smileyhappy: .

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xGonFer
My Device: PlayBook. 64GB
My Carrier: Entel

I have the same problem with a PlayBook 64 GB... Both cameras are freezer and when I try to use the video chat it shows me a message "Another application is using the camera. Please close the other application and try again"... However, none application is in use...

Could you help me?

Thanks in advance...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bwrvt94
My Device: Z10/PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Same here... Having the same issue.

What is going on?

I would like some issue fixed please - have e-mail problem now camera problems.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bwrvt94

I am really pissed now.....

I did a debrick and started over again and I am still getting the same error - no pictures or videos to take.

I am disappointed that I bough this playbook day one and every software update it screws!

First the e-mail now the camera.

Come on RIM get it right.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bwrvt94

Okay I am on the phone right now with technical support and it sounds like a hardware issue... not sure how since I have had this PlayBook since day one (when they launched)

I am hoping it can be fixed and will not cost me a arm and a leg.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bwrvt94

So far so good. Got off the phone and I am sending it in to be repaired. They are very fair and supportive.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xGonFer
My Device: PlayBook. 64GB
My Carrier: Entel

First both cameras not working... and now two days ago, the message sytem of bridge connection only blinks and try to show something... opens, turns black, shows the two windows and charging circle and pops out...

It's incredible... and nobody of RIM answers anything... I'm very pissed off...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
normt
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Shaw.ca

Tried my camera app today and got a black screen.  After hitting the camera button, I got error.4003 picture.

I reset my playbook and camera is working again.  This is the first time my camera has not worked.  From the

comments of other users, I would conclude that the latest version software, 2.1.0.132 is the culprit.  I quess

I will be calling support SAP.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tleparskas
My Device: Playbook Tablet 32g / Blackberry 9800 smartphone
My Carrier: Bell Mobilty

From everything I hear 4003 is a "hardware" malfunction.

It happened to me as well right AFTER the 1032 OS upgrade - how's that possible>?

Probably blows a resister or something.

I had warranty left -and got a brand new Playbook in return this week. The turnaround took only a few days by FedEx.

Why so fast? It can't be fixed - so they're just tossing the old ones and replacing them.

I received a brand new identical model (32g) - however it wanted to go to the 1032 upgrade step during intial setup.

i was hoping to avoid that. Did it anyway - no choice.

Happy to report - cameras are both working.

NO explanation of the hardware fault by RIM - what it is or what causes it.

If you have warranty - just call support. They're breaking it somehow - it's not YOU!

Get it replaced before your warranty runs out.

TL

Please use plain text.