Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
tleparskas
My Device: Playbook Tablet 32g / Blackberry 9800 smartphone

Re: Camera App - Not Working "error.4003"

call support and get it replaced.

New Contributor
normt
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Hey, thanks for the reply.  I will call suport SAP.  Hard to beleive that it's a hardware fault, due to the timing of the

new software being installed.  It ran trouble free until 2.1 was loaded.  But hey, hope they give me a new one.

Thanks again.

Contributor
tleparskas

I agree with the timing - but it's the same story here. As soon as I upgraded the camera failed.

If you have warranty get it replaced - pain free.

TL

dc8smf
My Device: Not Specified

I thoroughly enjoy owning a BlackBerry Playbook. Bought it the end of last May. As of a few days ago it is not performing as it should. 

I noticed the problems after downloading Comwave Ephone, although I really don't know if that software is an issue. 

When I want to use the picture or video camera it returns 'error.4003 picture' or 'error.4003 video' respectively. When I use the video feature on the Comewave Ephone software it properly shows a moving image of me. 

The playbook camera software returns the same error code regardless of settings under Security, Application Permissions. After a complete shutdown of PlayBook the camera software still returns the same error code. 

Also, recently some other issues have cropped up. When I have the PlayBook Browser open and the PlayBook Messages software open, the one not in focus closes at random. Kind of irritating. 

Please offer a solution soon. I use the camera software in the course of my professional day to email photographs to the home office on the other side of the globe. For example, right now I am in the MiddleEast and the home office is in mid America. 

I do not want to move to a different tablet.
Contributor
tleparskas

dc8smf:

the one good answer is: get it replaced while still under one year warranty.

4003 is a 'hardware error'  it turns out - but no specifics given.

Call RIM Support and they will do the replacement - my new one has no camera issues.

Only one older app is acting up Solarium (the sky and planet app) sadly. Though I have yet ask the vendor about it.

Replace your Playbook.

TL

New Contributor
xGonFer
My Device: PlayBook. 64GB

I've seen that many people are "replacing" their tablets 'cause they're still under warranty... but what about if the warrant expired???, what the **bleep** could, the people with tablets more than a year, we do!!!, does somebody in this "support forum" thought about it...

It's so simple for all who recently bought it, but not for the rest...

MrC
New Contributor
MrC
My Device: BBz10 PIN: 2AB14EC7 - 32G PB PIN: 50110033

I'm on the line now with a technician.. I know how this is going to go.  If your Playbook is out of warranty, call them any way, they will extend the 90 support for you.  You won't have to pay only because this is a known issue that came about after upgrading to the new software bundle.  So I will be sending my playbook in for repair.

I can understand about being frustrated and ready to look at other options. I'm really tying to hold on for the BB10 release, but I'm looking into Windows8 options and the samsung Note (Android) options. Now that my carrier is carrying the Samsing Note Android Phone and I will just go buy the tablet to go with it.  And honestly, the only reason I'm looking into these options is bc I'm going back to college and they both had handwriting recognition software.  That means, I can just use OneNote as a notebook, no pens and papers needed except for a test, and even then, it all maybe electronic.  

Please BB10, Show up!! Just show up!!

Mr.C
New Contributor
tranhalong
My Device: Playbook 16Gb

I am using a Playbook device and having EXACTLY THE SAME problem with you, the problem came this morning without any update before that.

What is going on? I do not believe that the camera hardware is broken because the Video Chat function still access the front camera as good as normal while the Camera function could not access both - the 'Error.4003 picture' message shows up when hitting the Shoot button, and the 'camera switching' button not worked as well.

NO LOVE!!!  :-(

New Contributor
normt
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Did you try resetting your playbook ?  That cleared up the problem for me.  There was also a new software update shortly after that which I downloaded and have not had a problem since.  Good luck.

New Contributor
tranhalong
My Device: Playbook 16Gb

I have done both the following solutions:

1. Wipe Data/Machine --> No luck,

2. Use Black Berry Desktop app to Restore the Factory ROM (original) for my device --> Still no luck.

:mansad: