Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
miniatur
My Device: PlayBook; Storm 2; z10

Camera Problem but no Error Message

Hello, since I wiped my Playbook.

Directly after that I have some problems with the native programs, the camera seems to be not active (the camera control buttons appear but there is no picture just black), then with the E-mail account.

Normally when I added my Googlemail Account to the system I had the options if I want to synchronize my Emails, my calendar and my contacts. The place where these "switches" been is blank. And some more "little" problems.

To wipe my playbook doesn´t help and I also did the "install new system over the Desktop Manager" thing, didn´t work neither.

I hope for a quick solution.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Enygma
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook

Re: Camera Problem but no Error Message

How long have you had the PlayBook?  If you were the one to activate the unit and have done so less than 90 days ago, you are entitled to free technical support from BB.

The camera problem may smply have something to do with an installation process going bad.

The Google problem with sync has been documented elsewhere.  I have read the Google is dropping the sync feature for free accounts and that _might_ explain your circumstance.  Then again, it could be the installation went wrong.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
Please use plain text.