Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
inkqbus
My Device: PlayBook

Camera error 4003

My playbook have been giving me the world of problems from not being able to power up or charge a problem I got fixed an now the camera. Has a problem its not coming on an saying error 4003 an I'm hearing. That there's no fix for it can someone tell me if I'm in blackberry hell cause I would love to leave 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Camera error 4003

You can try reloading the OS and see if the problem persists.  If it does then this is most likely a hardware problem and you'll need to contact www.blackberry.com/playbook for support information.

First Back Up of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software.

This can be downloaded for free from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

After the Back Up is complete unplug your PlayBook and then push and hold down the Power Button until the unit Force Powers Off.

Now, while Desktop Software is still open on your computer and the PlayBook Powered Off, Connect the PlayBook to your computer.

You should see and error screen from Desktop Software pop up that has the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.

QUICKLY choose the Update option.

This will erase all the information off of your PlayBook and Re-Write the Software back onto it. Once it's complete your PlayBook will need to go back through the setup wizard, and you can then perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your information. The only thing that won't come back after the restore are the apps that you downloaded from App World but they can be easily Re-Installed using the My World feature in App World.

If the camera problem persists then contact Blackberry for support as there isn't anything else you can do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
inkqbus

Thanks john for the support but I have talked to a couple people who have.done the exactly that and reinstalled the software. And it still doesn't. Work so I think I'll try an contact rim I'm just tired of all the problems of this device 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

If you contact RIM I would bet they go thru the same process. Just saves phone time if you try it first.

K thanks jav will give it a try but not right now dont know what I'll do with it if it does. Not work I think I need to have a better attitude before I try it will let you all know if it works 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
inkqbus

But this is a problem.that a lot of people are having since the 2.0 updated  I've scan through the Internet when I recognize the problem to try to get a solution. To the problem an there are alot of forums on this problem people have tried countless of things an no one has gotten it fixed as yet 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

That's why I suggested you contact RIM.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bevygee
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9900

I am getting the same error 4003 on my playbook cam too, but the back camera seems to be working fine. Please let me know if you find a solution. Thanks...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
inkqbus

Okay I will but it seems like everyone one is returning there playbook to rim for repairs.it seems like the only solution to the problem for now rim is repairing them 

Please use plain text.
Developer
Gareth
My Device: 8520, 9700

Dont wipe.

Generate logs if still possible via the help app menu / support.

If the error occurs for camera and/or video chat it will highly be that its hardware.

They are tracking this issue closely.

Cant validate for sure as downgrade does not seem to be possible and cant say until next uodate is out.

Please use plain text.