Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
inkqbus
My Device: PlayBook

Re: Camera error 4003

I think it's a software. Issue and I think eventually they will get a solution to the problem hopefully sooner than later 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
joe88eng
My Device: Playbook

I have the same problem since the last update. I guess we will have to wait for the next update. I tried rebooting several times, didnt help

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I think I've mentioned in this thread that its usually a hardware failure and a software update isn't likely going to fix it. You should contact RIM Support to RMA the device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
joe88eng
My Device: Playbook

I don't think it's a hardware failure because it started to happen right after an OS update. I believe other people saw this issue after the update too.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bevygee
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9900

Nothing that I did on my end worked. So I called RIM support. They authorized an RMA (return merchandise), sent me a prepaid box for the Playbook. I got it back in less than 10 days. No hassle.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I realize when it happened. I Also have seen the error many times on this and other forums. It always ends up being sent back to RIM for repair just like what bevygee describes.

Contact RIM support.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb

joe88eng wrote:

I don't think it's a hardware failure because it started to happen right after an OS update. I believe other people saw this issue after the update too.

Coincidence. It's the oldest bad assumption in the book.  

Stuff just happens, and sometimes it's around the time of an update. 

My Device: Playbook 64 GB

Mine too stopped working right after the update on 2.1.0.1314. I too believe its a software bug that somehow didnt get caught during your regression tests. Is it possible to downgrade the OS? 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Its not a software issue. It often occurs after a software update but that's where it ends. Contact BlackBerry Support. They will fix you up if it's less than a year old.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
probsat
My Device: Plybook

Hello

I also have the same error code I have been trying for hours to contact RIM with no luck. Did manage to find an email but they replied back saying

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry® Customer Support. We are sorry but we are unable to process your request.  If you would like to follow up on an existing incident, please email your request to playbooksupport@blackberry.com  I tried the links but of no use at all, very impressed with the playbook though .

cheers

psat

Please use plain text.