Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Camera error 4003

Where are you located? You will need to contact BlackBerry Support for your region.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
probsat
My Device: Plybook

Hello John

I never gave that a thought I am in the UK and whilst browsing I did see the UK address will try to find again. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

cheers

al

Cheeted
My Device: Z10 and Playbook

Re: Camera error 4003 and problems with BB Bridge with my Z10

I experiment the same problem after the latest Playbook update. I had poor support form BB support as 1) they expedite for a repair 2) they did not also answer my questions on why I canot have access to my contact, calendars and e-mails using Bridge with my Z10. 

The BB support staff was telling to spend money for a repair :-(

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Unfortunately, if it's over a year old it's out of warranty. The cameras do fail occasionally.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
CMykula
My Device: Playbook DA4A

Had the same issue. Cleaned the camera lens with a damp soft cloth. Immediate fix!!! Both camera and video camera work like new!

Worth a try for you.  

New Contributor
probsat

@john

Nothing to do with age it is a common fault with this camera and Blackberry support will never contact me to answer my request.

I now have z10 and since last update months ago it is locking once answered call and I have to turn off then on. Asked blackbery and they know about it but will do nothing for me.

Needless to say that I will soon be buying a samsung

cheeers

psat

Guru I
John_Clark

I have three Playbooks and have never had an issue with one of them.

I have three Z10 devices and one Q10. I've never had a problem with any of them. I have had most every model of BlackBerry prior and have only had an issue with one camera in a 9800. Replaced the camera module for $9 and problem was solved.

Sure, it can happen. However problems can happen to any device.
New Contributor
probsat

Hello

I also have x2 fully working playbooks that I issue to staff they are perfect. However you must admit that it was a sad day when full support fro Blackberry bridge. I have stripped my playbook and replaced both camera lenses with known working ones all to no avail. I do still however still issue it to staff for its wifi uses. It is a shame that the processor wouldnt support version 10 software. I will give the battery life a very big 10 out of 10 lol

Re my Z10 it has software 10.2.0.424 and the fault is well known on cracberry and other sites. As I said earlier BB do know about it but just say wait for new software but they do not know when. Now this is not the way to carry out business hence their troubles. We can all read stories on here about poor customer support.

cheers

psat

Guru I
John_Clark

No, we read all the reports of poor customer service from wireless carriers. BlackBerry can't help it if carriers don't escalate the issues.

New Contributor
probsat

Hello John

Well I do agree with you regarding carriers they are of little use. In fact most the carriers are noted as having the poorest customer help and skills here in the Uk.

This post is nearly 12 months old now, I did attempt to contact my regional are but I found that I was going around in circles so I gave up.

It is very good to know that you do read posts etc, could you tell me who and where do I phone for UK support

Thanks so much

al