Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Camera error 4003

Support for the Z10 must be through your carrier. For the Playbook, there is direct support from www.blackberry.com/playbook but if it's over a year old the repair would likely cost more than its worth. I've never tried repairing a Playbook camera so I don't know what the common problem is internally.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
probsat
My Device: Plybook
My Carrier: Giffgaff

I did look at the support page but it wasof little use regarding communication. I would never have the unit repaired because of the cost. I am in the satellite box  business. If we have a rare problem we will reload firmware and local settings and if that doesnt fix the problem it is a new motherboard from Korea. I am an electronic engineer and I know quite few others, we very rarely go into motherboards nowadays because we have not got the environment and the equipment. I suspect that Blackberry and other electronic guys do exactly the same. the only time we go in deeper is for mod or development purposes. If we can gain access to eeproms we can make changes if not we dont all good fun.

The playbook was the best a while back, such a shame you didnt develop it, it would be great to have access to your technical guys.

Thanks again

Enjoy your evening

kindest regards

al

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I don't work for BlackBerry. I'm just an end user like yourself. I have both an iPad and a Playbook and much prefer my Playbook. Flash in the browser and the smoothness of it can't be beat. For games it really excels.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pbduck
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: Camera error 4003 and problems with BB Bridge with my Z10

this is what BB is saying now about fixing their camera error 4003, caused by them :

Our internal process before was that even if the customer was outside the manufacturer's warranty period they could still send the PlayBook to us for repair (RMA) and that they might possibly be charged for that. However, there were changes on our process and that we no longer provide repair even if the device is already outside the manufacturer's warranty period.

Your options is our BlackBerry Incident Based Support or you could bring your tablet to your point of purchase or any local third party store or service center and have their technician do the troubleshooting.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Texwitch222
My Device: 32GB
My Carrier: BELL

Thats what happend to me It was working just fine last month no big issues and when i got the OS update it shut the berry off and rebooted it and i went to use the camera for birthday videos and thats when the error.4003 code. I am really up set about this.

I was hoping to wipe the drive and stop it from loading OS :No: that did not work.. grrr and i cant aford to send it some where to be fixed. I could not aford one. One of my husband was nice enough to get rid of his Wii so i could have one.

with the way mail service is now adays you never see it again

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Texwitch222
My Device: 32GB
My Carrier: BELL

i have try to find help from links in the past and there are quite a few that say need help go here and you click on the link and says that the page does not exsist. you go to a how to and ask questions again this page does not exsist.

Went to BBOS to ask questions and again was pushed to 2 other pages and said page did not exsist 404 error

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

i just read a post on crackberry claiming that replacing the camera card can fix it

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/camera-error-4003-picture-720772/

ebay has them for less than 20 dollars, if your handy with taking one apart then maybe its a fix you can do for cheap

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Developer
Gareth
My Device: 8520, 9700

Have you restarted the PlayBook first. I had this again last weekend in a new unit, to verify persistence I restarted first. Fortunately it came right, something was just locking it up at that point.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tombar
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telmex

I have the same problem and have emailed them 3 times. Allen from Help@ blackberry emailed me back and told me that their tecnical support was only valid for 90 days after purchase.

I wrote him back 2 more times explaining that i did not want technical help. I just wanted to know if they fix it, either under warranty or out of warranty or if I paid for it. 

The jerk won't get back to me. 

Now I'm looking for a tel number to call and actually find out what to do with this Playbook. Does anybody have a phone number for Support at Blacberry???

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

800-BLK-BERRY

You're better off finding another one to purchase.
Please use plain text.