Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
vick_001
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Cameras not working

Hey aandras..
I am frm india could u plz tell me whom to contact here?
n what is RMA
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
calmox
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: movistar

I got both cameras back to life.

I performed a complete security cleaning  . A full data backup was made to my PC before.

Started by using my current location but when the system asked me for updating to a new version, I said NO, and DO IT LATER..

The process was completed and after this and before loading new data made another process by using the 3 buttoms (power, and 2 x volume), and my cameras started working.

Hope this can be useful to others. GOOD LUCK.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
longnguyen47n
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: 84211

I did your way but still did not improve the situation of your camera
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vick_001
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: BSNL

No Luck!
tried same like you but not able to get my cam back
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Please use plain text.
bfoxx
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: bell

So I am having the same problem as everybody else, so I contacted rim technical support and they analyzed my PlayBook via Web, and said it was an software problem, not a hardware problem. So I was given steps to completely restore the OS using BlackBerry desktop software and I did it, but I didn't fix the camera. So it may seen that an major OS update is in need or do a complete review of the hardware.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
subord
My Device: Blackberry playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: Moldcell

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem with the cameras.  I bought  PlayBook in Germany, but I'm living in Moldova where I haven't even acces to the AppWorld for a half year. could anyone tell me what steps I must to do to fix the cameras erors. My serial <Personal Content Removed>. Reply please on my mail <Personal Content Removed>.

Please use plain text.
w1sely
My Device: Playbook 64 GB WiFi
My Carrier: Wifi

I'm from Indonesia and have same prob. After updating to OS 2.0.1.668, my front camera is not working. Any solution so far? Thanks...

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I would call support to have them look over your logs

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
larrysfernandez
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

I've a similar problem, although the camera was okay for some time after I updated to .668. Noticed that the problem with the camera happened simultaneously with the PlayBook not locking. Haven't found any solution yet ...
Please use plain text.