Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Cameras not working because camera resource is not released by other

[ Edited ]

tleparskas wrote:

beavertail:

what an excellent follow-up and answer!

I hope RIM developershave seen this!

No more returned products for them to deal with. Geez, a warehouse full of fairly decent playbooks, that could be fixed with an OS upgrade!

Nice.

Tom Leparskas

Ok so how come my PB camera is fine if the OS has a problem? Surely Beavertail just proved that a badly written app can hold onto the camera. If that is the case a debrick would fix it.

How can a debricked PB still give error 4003 unless it's hardware. I don't see the logic. 

I wrote or maintained thousands of commercial programs and an error code is generated by logic code...

If xxx then write "error 4003".  The os developers must know within 5 minutes of searching the code exactly where and how 4003 is generated, yet they are apparently "looking into it" 

Where is the error code table? If there isn't one then heaven help us all.

My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

jarviser wrote:

The os developers must know within 5 minutes of searching the code exactly where and how 4003 is generated, yet they are apparently "looking into it" 

Where is the error code table? If there isn't one then heaven help us all.

...or the dependency matrix. I guess RIM are not CMM compliant, else someone (maybe someone from the secret expert conclave) would tell us what 4003 really means..

________
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
beavertail
My Device: Playbook 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, Z10
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

I have fixed my 4003 bug and reported on the developer forum. It has nothing to do with the API but just "Bad" written code.

Goes to show you a lot of things can cause 4003 error. How one can have a dictionary for all its causes is questionable. I am sure the support guy is doing a fine job.

I am very happy with the Playbook. Watching a movie on it with its stereo sound is great. Funny, one of the major complaints of the miniPad is their 4:3 screen which doesn't fit a movie nicely.

How so interesting. I remember Apple fans said 7" is too small. Now they are following the 7" path but pick the wrong consumer screen format.

Goes to show you, media has a big influence on the masses. Enough media blarring the same thing and it will be taken as truth regardless of the underlying truth.

My family bought 8 Playbooks for Video Chatting because it is an amazing deal! All that hardware for just slightly higher than a 1-T storage or four Lightning cables!!

It probably won't be long before the Playbook price returns higher with a BB10 OS release, when the old Playbook can get a free upgrade. This is a double deal for me!!!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

beavertail wrote:

Goes to show you a lot of things can cause 4003 error. How one can have a dictionary for all its causes is questionable. 

That's just plain wrong. Programs put out error codes and only when the conditions mandate it. It's only questionable when poor programmers develop the code.  Should be mandatory in any commercial programing shop to have a matrix of requirements versus programming plus all error codes listed along with triggers. You need to learn a bit more about coding before using that "developer" title. 

________
Please use plain text.
Contributor
icemanswimmer
My Device: 9700 6.0

Ok if it's not software and it's hardware check this, in my case the issue is intermitent, when my cameras stop working and I get 4003 error I just restart the PlayBook and that's it.

I have been doing this for a couple of months and it always works.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RachaelTalley
My Device: ak425
My Carrier: black

Re: Cameras not working

Even if the water indicators show it isn't wet, if you dropped it in water as you said, the camera is most likely fried. Sometimes only portions of the device are damaged. My guess is that over time the device will fail due to water.

spy cameras perth

Please use plain text.
henwy
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: +2348105868358

Was it the clearing of the files that got it fixed? Or it was actually fixed after it was sent to them?

Please use plain text.
henwy
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: +2348105868358

Is it the wipe that repaired it or they did that when you sent it for warranty

Please use plain text.
hunnybunsz
My Device: BlackBerry playbook
My Carrier: None

I simply restarted the device. Works fine now. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bsarider
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

I have the same issue and was told by Blackberry support that the problem was a defective camera. So I got a replacement camera board and replaced it.  After the replacement, I still have the same error message,

I have a feeling this is not a hardware issue.

Oh well, At least my Samsung S3 camera phone still works for me.

Please use plain text.