Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

angelaf178
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Can anyone help please

Hi all,

I have just bought a playbook from my friend but she didn't have the original box.

Does anyone have a box they no longer need? I want it to be a present for my daughters birthday but don't want to give it to her without a box or it won't look good.

I hope someone could help.

Thanks in Advance

Angela :smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor
Original_Lucy
My Device: BB ZED 10

Re: Can anyone help please

Hi Angela, You could buy a nice portfolio case for it and wrap that up. It would look nice and she would have a great leather case for it. The accessories could be put in a smaller box and wrapped in same paper as playbook. Not sure where you are, but, anyone that still has the box, probably kept it for the duration of the warranty in case a shipping needs to be done. OR you could mention where you are and maybe someone will send you one. :smileyhappy:  or a retail store that has a display model might give you the box.  Who knows?

Smile, it makes people wonder what you are up to. :smileyhappy:
Trusted Contributor
saugen48
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB

Do you have a Craigslist or Kijiji in your area???

Gene
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

[ Edited ]

saugen48 wrote:

Do you have a Craigslist or Kijiji in your area???

Update: Sorry Saugen48, I didn't mean to quote you on that but rather agree with your post...

You could post an add for a box through Kijij - maybe offer someone $10? Maybe someone would reply.

I would keep that PB for myself personally and buy one used through Kijiji. Search for PlayBook and lots of posts will come up. I found a listing for a 16 GB one in my area for $70 with a box, leather case, rapid charger and in mint condition apparently. A 32 GB one brand new though through www.thesource.ca in Canada costs $149.99 and comes with a free leather sleeve. You get a warranty then with it and all boxes and chargers. It's available through www.futureshop.ca too for the same price.

That way you have one and she'd have one and you could video chat back and forth. PlayBooks are awesome when you get the hang of them.

Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32

Too many people selling off Playbooks that will not charge or have other faults. I would set it up with a Blackberry ID and use it for 2 days before looking for gift wrap.  Saves tears on the day. 

________