Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Can't access HGTV.ca videos on Playbook

How do I access videos on hgtv.ca's website? I just get a black screen in the video area, even though the arrow switches to "play."  I have no issues with this on my PC.

Please help!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook Wi-Fi 16 gb

Re: Can't access HGTV.ca videos on Playbook

Having the exact same issue here! HGTV.ca works great on all my PCs but won't play on my Playbook. I used to be able to access the site on my Playbook without any hitches. Other streaming sites work like a charm.

I've tried everything: clearing browser cache/cookies, hard reboots, security wipes, trying different browsers.

Sorry I don't have an answer, henwstab, but wanted to weigh in; you're definitely not alone!

At a loss for what else to do, so appreciate any suggestions!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook

This is not the first time I have had problems with the HGTV website and with the larger Shaw TV offerings on the web. Right now, I can get to the web pages for say Hammerheads or Holmes on Homes and get a commercial to play and then once that is done, I get an error message saying that the video is not available and the player goes to the next one on;y to repeat the error message.  I have not tried the website on my laptop today so I can't say if this is a PlayBook only problem or not.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860

I have never accessed HGTV.CA before. I just clicked on their sites and watched one of their videos for 5 minutes without any problems on my PlayBook.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lost_at_Sea:. Do you remember which video you played?  I tried the ones for Holmes on Homes and Hammerhead again and kept getting the same result "video not found".  That was a Shaw message by the way and not an error message from the PlayBook.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
New Contributor

There is NO error message, just a black screen.  The "play" arrow switches to indicate that it is playing, but there is nothing at all happening. No error, no message, just black. 

I am able to play videos on CTV.ca with no problem.

Trusted Contributor

@henwstab:  Can you point me to a specific video or program title you can't play?  There are too many for me to choose from to test them all.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860

I was watching the one where some woman was purchasing an old place to fix up as an investment property.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook

I watched Canadass Handyman Challenge. Took forever to start but it played.

New Contributor

I was trying to watch Relocation, Relocation.  Here's the link to the specific episode: http://www.hgtv.ca/relocationrelocation/video/season+7/inyang+and+gregor/video.html?v=1527955767&p=1...

Thanks if you can figure this out - and good luck!