Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
dgr30
My Carrier: att

Can't access SMS on Playbook 2.1

I just downloaded 2.1 for Playbook. But when I go to the 'BB bridge' on my Playbook and tap the 'text messages' icon, it just flashes my TM conversation history then rolls right over to 'contacts'. In other words, I can't stay in the conversation window...Playbook just won't let me tap on the conversation bar at the top to toggle between conversations and contacts. Any thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dgr30

Re: Can't access SMS on Playbook 2.1

I see now that 2.1 sms is confusing names from my contact book and associating the wrong name with the contact number. Thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

Have you tried rebooting both the Playbook and the BlackBerry?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
msd1962
My Carrier: VodaFone

Surprisingly, I am not getting Text Message icon on PlayBook even after connecting it BB Bridge.....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JFWG
My Carrier: Vodafone

I had the same problem. You need to update the bridge app on your phone, restart both devices and you should get an icon on the PB bridge for SMS. Then your problems start. You can send/receive SMS like a good 'un. But if you restart the SMS app, it assigns the wrong name to the conversation. I daren'r reply to an SMS because I'm not sure who it will go to (correct name on the phone SMS curiously)
Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

JFWG is correct. You must have the new version of the Bridge app on your BB and you must have 2.1 on the Playbook in order to get the text message icon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kewfriend
My Carrier: VODAFONE

Agreed. SMS icon certainly picks the Bridged BB Contacts and picture icons ok
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
msd1962
My Carrier: VodaFone

Thanks...Got new Bridge downloaded...and I am getting Text Message icon...working pretty fine and have no issues with the names..and mobile numbers...

Surprisingly, this time I did not get any indicator about new version of Bridge...thanks to your reply...I found the upgrade on Apps World.....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dgr30

JFWG, we have the exact same problem. You mentioned "But if you restart the SMS app, it assigns the wrong name to the conversation. I daren'r reply to an SMS because I'm not sure who it will go to (correct name on the phone SMS curiously)". I was on the phone with BB Playbook for 3-4 hrs and we removed, reinstalled the new bb Bridge on my device and after al that time, they told me to remove 2.1 for PB (322 MG download) and reinstall that. So, I'm going to follow ur lead and simply NOT use PB for SMS because--like u said--one doesn't know where it's going. Thanks for ur feedback!

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

I'm not seeing that issue. I've stopped and started the text app several times and all the convos appear correctly.
Please use plain text.