Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Skatalite9790
My Device: Bold 9790

Re: Can't access SMS on Playbook 2.1

I have the same issue. I removed the contact that was being substituted (the wrong one) via my phone and all messages associated with it and the correct contact have gone. Not what I wanted. I have latest software on phone and PB, including OS7.1. This must surely be a bug that needs fixing.
Contributor
Rosster6028
My Device: Bold 9930 & Playbook 64

With the right Bridge and latest software on both BB 9930 and Blackberry i can tell you this.

If you have any errant data in fax or phone fields, the contacts are not going to match up until you modify/repair the fields.

(   )  -    a blank field, is enough to trip up this system.  Start with the contacts that you see on the PB and go through them on your phone - you'll see.  The beauty of this is that the PB at least let's you know which contact is causing the problem.  Once you fix that contact, restart SMS on PB and try again.  If there are more contacts like this, then it will show the next contact up top.

How this happened to me is by importing 212 contacts from a tradeshow.  The lead retrieval people at the tradeshow had a Fax field default of '(   )  -' with no data in it.  I just modfied the 212 contacts and I'm good to go.

Regards,

Ross
New Contributor
Skatalite9790
My Device: Bold 9790

Okay. Thanks. I'll maybe try this, but it will be a bit of a faff, as I have very many contacts. But it could be a good way to prune all of those from years ago that are probably no longer valid, anyway. :smileyhappy: