Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
andrewr
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

Can't add an appointment to a Google calendar

I have set up Google calendar accounts on my Playbook, which lets me view my appointments. But, when I try to add an appointment, the Google calendars are greyed out, so I can't add anything to them. Is it possible to add an appointment to a Google calendar?

Thank you!

Trusted Contributor
gumnutninja
My Device: playbook

Re: Can't add an appointment to a Google calendar

When did you add the account? Have you added it as a caldav acct? Gmail dropped sync services for non-android devices on Dec 14 for calendar sync and Jan 30th for Google sync. New accounts now have to be set up as imap, CalDAV and CardDAV separately - also gmail settings need to have imap enabled (not sure if additional settings for caldav and CardDAV)

New Contributor
kingjf

Can you post step by step instructions for CalDAV and CARD DAV....where are the settings, how do I do it..my email is set up as imap and is working correctly...thanks for your help!

New Contributor
andrewr

I added it as a Caldav account using the extremely complicated instructions online (typing in the long calendar id and the URL). The calendars synchronize to the Playbook fine, now. But I can't add any new appointments to the calendars. There's no message to say what I'm doing wrong. The only option I get is to add an appointment to the "Local" calendar on the device, but then it doesn't get put into the Google calendar. I can't understand why it won't work.

New Contributor
andrewr

The update to the Playbook OS yesterday fixed this problem (and a few others as well). Thank you, it's working now!