Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
zookeeper121
My Device: Playbook and 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Can't charge Playbook. Getting lights...

None of my charging cords want to plug into the Blackberry anymore.  The go in a little, but not all the way.  When I try to turn on the device, I get a solid red light for 5 seconds, then 5 flashes of green or yellow light (depends on the angle you look).

Where can I take/send this to get fixed?  How long is the charging receptacle on the Playbook warranteed for?

Thanks,

Walt

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: Can't charge Playbook. Getting lights...

[ Edited ]

Sounds like you've accidently inserted the USB cable wrong once before and damaged the USB port. Teeth on the backside of the cable go downwards, logo goes upwards. Angled corners on the tip go upwards - anyhow too late. RIM may not fix this under warranty and I have heard some people have been charged $70 to have it fixed. I'd call tech support and ask them what your options are. There is 90 day free phone support and a limited 1 year warranty on the PB. I'd look at the warranty printout that came with your box and see what's covered or not. I think you could search RIM's website too for warranty details.

Read this for phone numbers: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/RIM-Worldwide-Support-Phone-Numbers/m-p/1...

Also, for battery characteristics read this: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Forum-Mods-Please-make-this-a-sticky-Blac...

It will give you a lot of information about charging info.

Do you know anyone with a magnetic rapid charger? You may be able to take your PB to a local store and ask a computer rep if you could try out their magnetic charger out of a box. Maybe they'd let you...worth a shot.

I guess what I'm getting at is not having a functional USB port isn't the end of the world if you buy a magnetic rapid charger and then connect to your PC via Wi-Fi instead of via USB cable.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
prabodpai
My Device: dont have
My Carrier: airtel

Re: Can't charge Playbook. Getting lights...

no your playbook is 100% good.. just connect your playbook to pc and open desktop manager and then update once it will be resolved
Please use plain text.