Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
rvenable
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: 613-799-2025

Can't connect to AppWorld

Hi,

I just purchased a new Playbook and I can't seem to update apps or access AppWorld. I have internet access and I'm receiving email but I can't access AppWorld. The message I get is:

Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again.

I tried researching this error and I see a lot of people with the same issue but I don't see a resolution. Does anyone know how to fix this or should I just return it?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

Re: Can't connect to AppWorld

Try again tomorrow. 

________
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rvenable

Hmmm...well this is the third day in a row (since I bought it) that it doesn't work. Is everyone experiencing problems connecting to App World?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

Never.

Go to top RH corner of screen, swipe in diagonally from the bezel to see gearwheel, then tap it.

Then tap Blackberry ID

Make a note of your blackberry id username. It should be an email address.

On a PC (not playbook) go to http://appworld.blackberry.com

Sign in using the blackberry id, you should know your password.

Does that work?

________
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rvenable

Yes, that works. I am then taken to a "Blackberry App World setup" page. This is a 3 step process where I

1 - Get the Blackberry App World Browser Plugin

2 - Connect your Smartphone

3 - Update your software

I tried installing the browser plugin in IE 9 and it says it's successful but I don't get the Checkmark indicating so. I can do it on Chrome and it works. Step 2, I tried connecting my Playbook and it doesn't recognize it. Not only that but my Blackberry Desktop Software doesn't recognize my Playbook now.

I've done this process once before and I had to delete the browser plugin, reboot and then I was able to access the Blackberry Desktop Software again. Don't know where to go from here!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rvenable

Actually, I still can't access Blackberry Desktop Software. I have to uninstall it and then re-install it and then I can connect.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rvenable

OK, I got a little further now. I'm assuming that once I complete the 3 steps mentioned above, I should be able to access App World. I started off by uninstalling my current Blackberry Desktop Software and then logging into http://appworld.blackberry.com and completing the 3 steps. After I installed the browser plugin, I proceeded to step 2 which was to connect my Playbook. It didn't appear to be doing anything but I waited about 5 minutes and it picked it up finally. I selected my device id from the dropdown list and then it asked me for my device password. I entered the correct pasword and I keep getting the following error message:

You have not entered the correct BlackBerry device password. Try entering your password on your device. You cannot access BlackBerry App World on your computer until you have correctly entered your device password.

I know I am entering it correctly but this keeps popping up I even changed the password under my Blackberry ID section and still nothing. I've spent 3 days trying to set this thing up...I'm very close to returning it.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Ok the reason I wanted to see if you could sign in is to see if app world knows your BB ID. 

To access app world on playbook you need no plugins, no pc, and you need no connection between playbook and pc.

Playbook must be standalone on wifi only.

If you have usb cable connected disconnect it, reboot playbook, make sure you are connected to wifi router and try App world icon on your playbook screen. 

Yeah, this is the way I tried it the first time. I'm connected to wifi no problem...I'm actually responding using my Playbook so connectivity is not an issue...just can't connect to App World. I'm stumped. I don't seem to be alone with this issue and out of all of the posts I've read, no one seems to have found a resolution.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

Makes no sense if bbid is correct. Personally I would backup, security wipe,  and start again.

By the way, what country and language did you use to set up playbook? And are you physically sitting in that country?

Also please delete your phone number!!

Finally using your PLAYBOOK tap this link

Http://appworld.blackberry.com

What happens?