Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
tpolevoy
My Device: Bold 9900

Can't get email after updated to OS 2.0 Playbook

I updated to new OS 2.0 this afternoon and there was no way to get email.

The e-mail icon is yellowed out at upper left hand corner and when I click on it it gives me an Error message:

"Couldn't connect to server - Try again."

This is really dumb. Why in the world would this happen. 

I am not tethered, just Bridged. There should be no rational reason why my email should be locked.

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Can't get email after updated to OS 2.0 Playbook

Hi there,

OS 2.0 is a beta for developer use only, so if you need Bridge access, it is recommended that you remain on the official OS 1.8 for the time being.

That said, try deleting your BlackBerry's Bluetooth profile and then set up Bridge on both your BB and your PlayBook again. Hopefully that will get it working again.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
tpolevoy

Thanks, I spoke to tech support and they said that the Beta server is down until later tomorrow. I will check tomorow and if it isn't working, I will uninstall 2.0.

Trusted Contributor
CCpotter
My Device: 8900/playbook

Don't use OS 2.0, it's still in beta process and many bugs are still in. Try get back to OS 1.8 and i'm sure it will work again
New Contributor
tpolevoy

I uninstalled 2.0 and back to original version.  All is working well now.

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Yeah, that's unfortunate that you've had to downgrade, but at least it's now working again. But keep an eye out for an official consumer beta of OS 2.0. Hopefully we'll see one soon. If not, at least mid-February is only 2 months away. :smileyhappy:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!