Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
MountainDew
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

Can't pair PB Mini bluetook keyboard with 32 gig PB running OS 2.1.0.840

I would not have normally installed a OS beta however I purchased a new 32 gig PB to replace my 16 gig unit and I could not move my apps and data to the new PB because the 16 gig PB is running an OS version that RIM pulled and that OS is newer than the OS I was able to install on the new PB.

All is running well on my new PB however I have not been able to pair my bluetooth PB mini keyboard. The pairing process identifies the peripheral / mini keyboard but the PB is not receiving the number code that must be entered. The number code is 2 sets of 3 digits with a space in between. Do you enter that space or just the total string of digits? I have tried both combinations without success.

I had no problem pairing the keyboard with my older 16 gig PB.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MountainDew
My Device: Playbook

Re: Can't pair PB Mini bluetook keyboard with 32 gig PB running OS 2.1.0.840

After dozen of tries I got it paired and discovered the PB is not for dummies, like me. The pairing instructions say to enter the series of numbers but does not tell you to press enter. I borrowed an Android tab to check out the keyboard and found the Android pairing instructions were far clearer.
Please use plain text.