Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

sm_vlr
My Device: blackberry 8310
Accepted Solution

Can we install android apps on blackberry Playbook os 2

Hi All,

Please help me understand, if i can install android apps on playbook.

i know, if we have OS 10.2, we can user slideload android apps on blackberry devices.

Since, OS 10 is not available on playbook, what is the procedure to install android apps??

Thanks

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Can we install android apps on blackberry Playbook os 2

There is no procedure. Android apps require OS 10.2.1 to run. No 10.2.1, no Android apps.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

sm_vlr
My Device: blackberry 8310

Thats true.. So no point in buying playbook now avaiable at 90$ rt.

Since playbook has a solid hardware and good camera..thought of giving a try. But without having os 10 and android, i dont feel its a good choice going for playbook even at 90$.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

What the PlayBook does (surfing the internet, playing games, email, etc.), it does well. If running Android apps is not a top priority, the PlayBook could still fill the bill on many levels.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

The Playbook can run a fair number of Android apps that are converted to bar files.

Good eReader has done a lot of this for you and there is a pretty good number of apps already converted.

http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook/playbook-android-apps/?did=348
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!